Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Proble playing back recording when Transmitting. Started with 2.4.9 update. I used to be able to hea

Brooksie6444
Brooksie6444 Member ✭✭
I do not hear the off air recording when transmitting. Used to work with the previous version. Went back to the old version and it works like it should. Using Flex 6400M.

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I will try here,,,
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I do not hear any playback at all.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    It is working as it should, I hear my recording when pressing the play button. To play over the air you press the DAX button as well.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    SAME HEAR ,i use to be able to hear , not now
    Jim
    WU5E
  • Brooksie6444
    Brooksie6444 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I never had to push DAX to hear my playback over the air. I would just push play and PTT and I could hear it as it played over the air.t
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    MONitor enabled?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    This is a change made to dax, you need to use it to play over the air now.
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Not working correctly here. Switched bands and voice recorded usually carries over to any band switched to and this looses it and wont replay when bands are switched.

Also have to have just the DAX button lit up on the main panel not actually have separate Dax panel on to hear the play back which is changed I guess. Doesn't make sense to me.

Nothing was wrong with it in the first place so why the change?

6.40.80.160 meters works but needs dax main panel button on to hear and play over the air. So not all bands working the same looks like.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Mine works with or without DAX. Seems to be working normal.

And I have no use to play back after switching bands and don't remember trying it.
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

I do a recorded CQ and switch bands and re-use the CQ. :)
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Not seeing this in the change log unless I missed it which is possible.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Makes sense.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I don't know, they did make changes so DAX is used with Smart LInk now. That may have effected what we are seeing with simple record and playback over the air?
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Clean registry install and all is working with DAX-main panel (blue-on) to hear playback and transmit.
    The other separate dax panel is not turned on .
    All bands working correctly.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    If I make a recording and turn vox on and press play it will transmit the recording over the air. With Vox on every time I turn Dax on the radio disconnects.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.