Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Primer for Dummies - Help request with N1MM logger and PowerSDR 2.7.2 Flex 3k

Pat Garrett
Pat Garrett Member
edited February 2015 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
I tried most of the day to get N1MM logger running on my new to me Flex 3000 running PowerSDR 2.7.2. I successfully created virtual com ports but I can't get the two programs to talk. I looked at all of the documents on here and watched a bunch of Youtube videos.  My head hurts.

Is there a step by step document for this setup? Is there a high level document that explains where I need to go in the menus to check all of the required boxes?

I feel like I slid off the learning curve.

Love the Flex BTW.

Answers

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    What part was not working?  The linking of frequency read out from Powesdr to N1MM+ ?  PTT  of the Flex not activated from N1MM?   CW keying not working from N1MM?  Let me know and I can talk you through it.  Did you use DDutil as part of your set up?
    Andy k3UK
  • Pat Garrett
    Pat Garrett Member
    edited February 2015
    I did not use DDUtil. And none of the features you mentioned work at all. I cannot get the radio to talk to the software and vice versa.

I have com2/12, com3/13, com4/14. com 5/15, com6/16, com7/17 pairs created. In VSP com2 and com14 have [N1MMLogger.net.exe] beside them.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited February 2015
    OK, I'll make u a help file in a few minutes

• Andrew O'Brien
    edited February 2015
    Download DDutil, it will make things easier..eventually
  • Pat Garrett
    Pat Garrett Member
    edited February 2015
    OK DDUtil helped me understand the concept of paired virtual ports. One end of the pipe (say your radio (SDR)) presents itself as one port in the pair, the other end (your logger) presents itself as the other port in the pair.
  • Thomas Dove
    Thomas Dove Member
    edited February 2015

I hit the same problem with FlDigi when I got my Flex 3000 last year and wrote about the solution in relatively plain language on my Web site:
       http://tomdove.com/blog/ham-radio/software-defined-radio-sdr/
    Hope this helps.

• Pat Garrett
    Pat Garrett Member
    edited February 2015
    Hey your document got them talking. I changed the N1MM command set to the TS-2000, set the com ports and it came up with N1MM talking to PowerSDR.

Awesome! Thanks a lot.
  • Pat Garrett
    Pat Garrett Member
    edited February 2015
    LOL, maybe tomorrow night I can tackle digital modes.
  • Doug
    Doug Member
    edited February 2015
    Hello Pat...Did youn get digital modes going???if not i have screen capture pics of all the setting for fldigi..let me know if you need them...73  Doug   KB0UGS

• Pat Garrett
    Pat Garrett Member
    edited February 2015
    Doug, yes I did thank you. Once I gained an understanding of using VACs (Basically just like VSPs) I got DM-780 working. 

Thanks again!
  • Doug
    Doug Member
    edited February 2015
    Good deal...it was the same with me...73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.