Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Pressing MOX zeroes spectrum - why?

I run SO2R with a 6700. 40 m yagi till ANT1 and 20 m yagi to ANT2 on different towers. When I press MOX with TX2 active (red) and 0 W, spectrum for radio 1 at ANT1 disappears and flattens out as ANT1 being short circuited. The effect can be avoided if I disable TX1 keying Line. Is there a possibility that RFI can be routed over THE TX1 keyline and null the ANT1 spectrum?

Answers

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Do you have Full Duplex enabled. FDX on lower left corner Mike NN9DD
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Yes. And spectrum is there if I do disable TX1 key line or dettach the cable to the TX1 input key line on the rear panel. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2017
    As per the SmartSDR Software User's Guide, Section 26.4 TRANSMITTING ON A TRANSVERTER 

"...when transmitting on a split IF transverter configuration, because the transverter RF output is low power it will not be dramatically visible on the transverter Panadapter like it is shown when transmitting on HF at high power. 

Both conditions during transmit can be quite confusing as they do not accurately represent the transmitting state of the radio properly.  For this reason, the Panadapter will pause when using IF transverters while transmitting."

• Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Am I missing something - there was no mention of a transverter being in use Tim? Maybe fdx not enabled , as suggested above? Am following this thread as I want to use a 6600 or second hand 6700 for hf so2r.
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited May 2020
    Yes, no transverter. Just "regular SO2R" - two radios each with an independent amplifier with 6700 in full duplex mode. I am starting to think that there could be a potential difference between the TX1 and TX2 keylines (that connects each amplifier to the 6700 rear panel)  that triggers this behavior. Despite the fact that both 6700 and both amplifiers are bonded to the same grounding post.
    In other words, if you press MOX while radio 2 active (and with 0 W power level) you engage the TX2 key line and in parallell alters the TX1 keying line potential so that radio 1 appears as active (and  disengage radio1 ) in a transmit like stage?  
    Any comments on this? 
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I think Tim got a hold of some bad White-Lightning.  :-)

Is the "show spectrum on transmit" option set in the Radio Setip submenus?

k3Tim
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited September 2017
    Yes and I see the spectrum with TX1 disengaged....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.