Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Pre-Release SSDR Notes 1.7 ?

Jay -- N0FB
Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Will Flex Radio be posting, as they have in the past, the release notes prior to the release of SmartSDR 1.7 (or whatever the new version is designated?)

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    We will do our best to get them out as soon as possible.
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Thanks Tim. As bandwidth allows. You guys have a lot of things on your plate.
  • Andrew Holman2
    Andrew Holman2 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Please fix the CW sidetone issue. Please oh please.

• Larry W0NQW
    Larry W0NQW Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    The SmartSDR for Windows v1.7.30 Release Notes have been posted for download.

• Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    They won't be in this release but I will make sure it comes up soon. I agree we need to address this.
  • Andrew Holman2
    Andrew Holman2 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    This is crazy. It is almost impossible to use the Flex and be accurate with CW.  I sure hope it's a quick bug fix and not a major release. I know you guys are trying to prep for the Maestro, but some of us have already paid for the radio and would like it to work as intended.  I am really disappointed.  I know its small for most people, but for some of us who enjoy CW it is really very frustrating.   I am debating on having to drop back to my FT-857D just so that I can have a reasonable QSO without it missing dahs/dits randomly.  
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Andrew, is this related to using on-board 6000 keyer? I have not noticed any side tone issues with my 6500. I have yet to get the WinKeyer emulator to function way it should. I have been using a external WinKeyer since day one. I hope the Maestro keyer works as I would like to rid my desk of some hardware.

Lew - N4CO
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Guys the internal winkeyer emulation works in certain applications like N1MM in particular but for precision CW I would recommend an external winkeyer at this time. There are a number of things that need to be fixed with the winkey emulation. Despite some of the current challenges with 8it I was able to work thousands of CQWW QSO's via the winkey emulation in testing, but still keep my hardware one around for applications that it doesnt work quite right with yet.  As Gerald said.. it will be fixed.  
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    My understanding is the Winkeyer in Maestro is a hardware type, am I incorrect and can expect it to be no better than what is in 1.6.21 ?

Lew - N4CO
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    Winkeyer in Maestro is hardware. By the way, K9CT, W0GJ and others ran thousands Qs on Palmyra K5P using the 6500 on CW.
  • Andrew Holman2
    Andrew Holman2 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    This is using whatever is built into the flex. Straight Key or Paddle, it is horrible. It probably drops every 20th or so dit/dah  and catches you right in the middle of your callsign or something.  Especially for someone new to CW it drives me NUTS.  I didn't buy a Flex to have to use a Yaesu for CW.  Right now the radio is great for everything but CW. Unfortunate for me I guess. This issue has been around for a while from what I understand and it still has not been fixed. I want to keep my flex, but this is brutal.  I am a software developer, I also get the weighing of customer wants vs needs.  I also understand that CW probably isn't the mode the Flex was  made for primarily.  The fact is, most if not all other radios on the market don't have this kind of issue and buying an external keyer to interface with an SDR seems kind of odd.  I just hope they can fix it outside of a major release and sooner rather than later.
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Thanks, I CAN sleep better knowing. :)

Lew N4CO
  • Andrew Holman2
    Andrew Holman2 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    K5SDR, it's not that it can't work. It's just annoying. If you have been running CW for your whole lives maybe you can work around this. I use it daily for CW on SKCC etc., but just because I can hop on 1 leg, doesn't mean I don't need my other leg.  I really do like my Flex.  I just really want the basic features to work as intended.  

Also i have a 6300, not sure if thats the difference. 
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    Andrew, I understand and we are committed to fixing it soon. No further discussion needed to make the point.
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Admins, please close the thread.  The request has been answered and the thread got highjacked.  It no longer serves any useful purpose.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Topic closed by request of the poster.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.