Pre-recorded voice messages

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Hi, is there an update/news on feature database item #3985?
I think it makes a lot of sense in having pre-recorded messages on the radio server available for easy transmission by any connected client, regardless of whether it is SmartSDR, iPad, Maestro or anything else that might be running local or remote.

I see the logic in implementing a feature like this after Smartlink and v2.0, so it can be tested both locally and remotely.

One of my favorite features on my ICOM 7100 is how easy it is to access the 4 available voice messages via the touch screen.

You just press VOICE and have buttons T1 T2 T3 T4. A press on each sends the message. A long press sets the message to repeat with a user-defined pause between each transmission, which is useful for messages like "CQ contest...".
Having the messages stored and played by the radio, rather than sent by the PC is more convenient because it allows restarting N1MM+/DX Commander/Log4OM/whatever while transmitting the message.
Photo of Milen KG2C

Milen KG2C

• 58 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3887 Posts
  • 947 Reply Likes
Never mind that,,you should see what you can do in PSDR these days for recording and playback..
Photo of Milen KG2C

Milen KG2C

• 58 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
I have thought about getting a radio that works with PSDR but decided to pre-order a 6600 instead. I'm pretty happy with that decision and I don't mind waiting for it and v2.0. I have to admit, I was tempted to get the 6600M, just because it will be out sooner :-)
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3887 Posts
  • 947 Reply Likes
you can't go wrong either way...
Photo of EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

• 1782 Posts
  • 547 Reply Likes
With DAX it is fairly simple to set N1MM for your voice memories, but I would also love to have it directly in SmartSDR.
Photo of Pat N6PAT

Pat N6PAT

• 797 Posts
  • 259 Reply Likes
The K9DUR Voice Keyer works very well with my 6700