Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Praise for Flex Customer Service

Dale - K4DG
Dale - K4DG Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I visited Flex's offices in Austin today to pick up my new 6600 and drop off my old 6500 for trade in credit. Katie in shipping and receiving was very courteous and helpful in taking care of the trade in process. FYI, Flex is quite busy shipping out the new 6400(M)/6600(M) radios - the hallways were piled high with boxes containing radios being prepped for shipment.

Also, I had brought in a new 6600M owned by a friend that had a screen display issue. Steve N5AC, VP of Engineering, personally took charge of checking out the unit and replacing the defective display. This was done in a little under two hours while I had a leisurely lunch.

It is customer service like this that has earned the respect of the ham community (not to mention the incredible performance of their radios!). Thanks Flex!

Comments

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Agreed, Dale!  I went in yesterday morning and did the same - traded my 6500 toward the 6600.  I pre-ordered mine at HamCom last year, and got the invoice a couple of weeks ago. Love the new rig.  Saw the hallways stacked with rigs getting ready to ship.  So, for all of you waiting for your radio, they're coming!
  • Dale - K4DG
    Dale - K4DG Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I forgot to mention: I got my new 6600 home tonight, plugged it in and, after the radio did a brief firmware update, I had it working and on the air in about 20 minutes. I then imported my old profiles and now everything is set up identically to how it was on my old 6500. 

For those of you doing a trade up from a 6300 or 6500, just remember to save (export) all your profiles from your old radio, then import them into SmartSDR when you get your new 6400(M) or 6600(M). If you were previously using one of the more recent versions of SmartSDR like I was (I was using v1.11.12) the update to version 2 (currently v2.1.32) should be seamless.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    They definitely are very nice people. Best in the industry. Enjoy your radio Dale.

Rich
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Am I understanding that the trade-in offer is still in place? I have a beautiful 6500 that I would be willing to trade for a 2 SCU 6600. Or is this fake (outdated) news?

W7NGA  dan
    Seaside, Oregon
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
  • Gary Johnson
    Gary Johnson Member
    edited March 2018
    The radio that Dale K4DG took to Flex yesterday was mine.  In addition to fixing her Steve called personally last night about 8 pm to describe what he did and to check on her health.  Will pick it up later today.  Flex customer service is BETTER than Elecraft, and that says a lot.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    All

Thanks so much for sharing your kind words.  They are truly appreciated by the entire team. I will make sure the team gets to read what is posted hear (including poor Tim who is off convalescing).

73 all

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.