Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PowerSDR interferes with Meinberg NTP

Thurman Irving
Thurman Irving Member
edited March 2015 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios

PowerSDR appears to interfere with the Meinberg network time protocol (NTP).  Has anyone observed this?  When running WSJTX digital modes / JT-65, it is important to have the computer time synchronized.  I observe that it is well synched when I first start the radio and WSJTX.  I often leave it running all day and notice that the time synch slowly drifts out of synch.  After much experimentation I find that I can resynchronize it by briefly stopping and restarting PowerSDR.  Stopping other programs and restarting the Meinberg NTP do not help.

I am running:

brand name quad core PC with Windows 7 64 bit home premium

PowerSDR 2.7.2

Flex 5000A

WSJT-X v 1.1

Meinberg NTP

Thanks,

Thurman AA5KK

Answers

• Neil K2NF
    Neil K2NF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015

I dont use Win 7 or Power SDR ( 6300 SSDR  user ) but in Win 8 I had to set the meinberg < ntpd.exe  > task priority to "real time "  in order to solve a similar problem. 

• Thurman Irving
    Thurman Irving Member
    edited July 2014

Thanks Neil.  I did that and it seems to be holding synch now.  I had forgotten how much fun it is to read Unix documentation.

Thurman AA5KK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.