Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PowerSDR.xml fldigi s-meter

Steve Radoff
Steve Radoff Member
edited February 2020 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
Does an updated PowerSDR.xml file exist that provides s-meter data from FLEX5000a to fldigi? Or is there xml code for accomplishing this?

Answers

• Keith Flint
    Keith Flint Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    check out woodbox radio. I use one of theirs on my flex1500 with pwrsdr.
    Keith W7zac
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    No.  Fldigi's RigCAT interface does not have accommodations for S-meter readings.
  • Steve Radoff
    Steve Radoff Member
    edited March 2017
    Fldigi that I run (3.22) has an s-meter on its panel. Fldigi has a protocol for the s-meter. PowerSDR has a CAT protocol for its s-meter. CAT is connected between fldigi and PowerSDR. Is there no way to define an s-meter connection in PowerSDR.xml?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    I stand corrected.  It does look like newer versions of RigCAT do allow for polling S-meter and power meter data, so it looks like it could be added to the xml file.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Upon a little more investigation, the S-meter / Power-meter displays are only active if Fldigi is configured for xmlrpc control with Flrig. As per the Flrig documentation, none of the FLEX SDRs are currently supported.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.