Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PowerSDR swapping radios any problems?

Ken - VE5KC
Ken - VE5KC Member ✭✭

I'm using PowerSDR (with a Flex 1500) and it is working great. I'm buying a 2nd Flex 1500 for a backup and wondering if there would be any known problem with changing radios on the same PowerSDR install.

More specifically, is there anything in the data file that is specific to the radio that could be a problem?

If there is a difference in firmware versions will it request the upgrade as it has done with the current 1500?

TNX..

Ken - VE5KC

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Ken, the 1500 is not like the 6000 radios, all the files and operating system is in the computer and PSDR. There is nothing in the hardware that makes any differences between radios. For that matter you can switch to a Flex 3000 or 5000 without any problems at all. The only thing is when installing PSDR for either the 1500, 3000, or the 5000 PSDR will detect what model it is. in your case it just stays the same.
  • KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    PowerSDR will keep track of the different radio serial#'s

I would first do a Setup->export database on your original 1500 unit (to your desktop).
    Next, run your (new to you) 1500 and get it up and running on the same PowerSDR version (upgrade firmware if it asks).
    Then, on your new 1500, do a setup->import database (the one you just saved to your desktop). Your new 1500 will now transfer its EEPROM calibrations into this imported database.
    Now your new 1500 will be set identical to your old 1500
    And you can select either Flex by its Serial#

Darrin ke9ns

• Ken - VE5KC
    Ken - VE5KC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Darrin, I should have know that you would have the answer.. Your support and work on PowerSDR is very much appreciated! 73.. Ken

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.