Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PowerSDR in DEMO mode

Latta
Latta Member
PowerSDR opens in DEMO mode and says to go into Setup and list the correct radio. The setup button on the software doesn't have that option. Is there another place to set this up?

Answers

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Is this the first time you have used a flex transceiver or is this a new rig you have aquired ?
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Latta Sounds like you are loading an old version of PowerSDR, the current version is 2.7.2. I think that you need to try this version, and when you bring the radio up for the first time , give the computer plenty of time to load all 5 drivers , which may take 4 minutes , depending on your computer speed . Also have you seen the Quick Start Guide for the 1500? http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/flex-1500_qsg_v2-5-pdf/ Here is the link for PowerSDR 2.7.2.installer . http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/powersdr_v2-7-2_installer-exe/ This should help, Dudley - WA5QPZ
  • Latta
    Latta Member
    edited April 2017
    Thanks Dudley, I had a version 2.8.0 to start with, it did the same thing. I re-installed the only one I could find, 2.7.xx
    also, I have the QSG and will read it again.
    Regards, Jack KF7MKJ
  • Latta
    Latta Member
    edited March 2017
    Yes, it is the first time with a Flex transceiver. Anything to help is appreciated.
    73, KF7MKJ
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I suggest you uninstall everything flex incl all back ups and then reboot pc and install the flex 2.7.2 version and see if that works first. Then either install from the green or orange button on KE9NS'S website. If you still cannot select the flex 1500 from the start up window then you have either a usb cable issue or no free usb port on your pc or a faaulty f1500. Try it on another pc or laptop with a different cable as well.
  • Latta
    Latta Member
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for your response. Yes, I tried it with a different computer and it worked. The difference is that computer has an optical drive and was able to install from the disc. I installed the program from the web site, that's the only difference. It just doesn't load the same, lacking many windows during install like choosing the radio model. Not sure whre to go. I don't suspect this computer, it's a week old and this is the only thing it is used for.
    73, KF7MKJ
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I suspect the computers are different.  They are probably different at BIOS, CPU an integrated device level (northbridge / southbridge chipsets, USB controllers, etc) and at an operating system software level too.  It is very difficult for two computer to be identical unless one is cloned from the other.  At this point, I actually do suspect something with the newer computer is preventing the USB streaming driver to load properly and the hardware to properly recognize the 1500.  You know the 1500 isn't bad because it ran on the other (and I assume older) PC.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Have you also re-installed  the other  microsoft files that are also on ke9ns's website ?There is the vc runtime files and also net 4.5.2
    You need to watch the loading process carefully to ensure they are indeed loaded. you may have to do it manually if the installer wont do it for whatever reason.
    Maybe you have not installed some M$ installations along the way which is also needed. You could re-install windows and all the updates as a last resort.
  • Latta
    Latta Member
    edited April 2017
    Thanks John, this is a new computer that came with Win 10 so I would believe it came with all necessary files but something is wrong. I'm not sure about the vc runtime files or net 4.5.2 but I will check.
    Regards, Jack
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Ok Jack its very strange. Are the usb ports actually working / connected ? Try plugging in a usb memory stick and see if you can read it. On the other hand, it may be best to get another computer. What model is that one ?
  • Latta
    Latta Member
    edited April 2017
    Hi John, it is a Lenovo 11.6" computer. The USB ports work, it sees the Flex, Flash drives, my external USB hard drive and is working with everything else. The HDS software seems to work also but I don't care for it. It boils down to, I think, is the way PerSDR is loading and lastly, I don't know where the "Setup Form" is mentioned in a screen shot.
    Thanks so much for your help.

• Latta
    Latta Member
    edited April 2017
    Hi John, it is a Lenovo 11.6" computer. The USB ports work, it sees the Flex, Flash drives, my external USB hard drive and is working with everything else. The HDS software seems to work also but I don't care for it. It boils down to, I think, is the way PerSDR is loading and lastly, I don't know where the "Setup Form" is mentioned in a screen shot.
    Thanks so much for your help.

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    What appears on your screen when the flex software fires up ? You should get a dos type window where it self checks and then a window showing "the available radio interfaces" which includes the demo selection and beneath that there should be your flex radios serial number, which can also be selected, by clicking the use link

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.