Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PowerSDR 2.8 and WSJT-X 1.8 setup. Won't transmit

I've got a 5000a and am running PowerSDR  2.8. I'm having trouble with WSJT-X 1.8 and transmit. Receive works fine, but there is no Flex 5000a listed in WSJT's radio list, only sdr-1000 which gives an error.

Comments

• Geoff
    Geoff Member
    edited August 2017

Hi Dave.

SDR1000 is no good. The recommended route for psdr is TS2000 emulation. However, as I discovered for other reasons, until a few days ago this didn't work either! I have been testing new TS2000 emulation software written by G4WJS and this solves the problem. The next release of wsjt-x hopefully will come out with this fix. You should find that omnirig will sort the problem in the short term. However TS2000 is the preferred route. As Darrin (KE9NS writer of the new psdr software) said to me a few days ago someone (not me because I can't do it) needs to write proper interface software for wsjt-x and psdr rather than rely on an old rig's software emulation. Any one offering here?

Having said that the updated TS2000 emulation works perfectly and should be available shortly.

73 Geoff G4XMJ.

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Dave, I use the same setup with my Flex3k as the one I described in my tutorial:
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/tutorial-setting-up-wsjt-x-with-smartsdr
    I have created a virtual cat and a virtual ptt cable with VSPE and instead of HamRadioDeluxe
    I use MiniDeluxe. The setup is the same as with SmartSDR, without it's CAT and DAX, of course.
    Here is another tutorial:
    http://kc.flex-radio.com/ExportPDF50362.aspx
    73, Alex - DH2ID
  • Dave Routzon Sr.
    edited August 2017
    Thanks, Geoff! I tried TS2000 last evening, but so far, no luck. I'll check out the emulation software today. I'll keep at it. Darrin (KE9NS) is a great developer! He always replies to queries and REALLY understands PowerSDR!

Dave W5GT
  • Dave Routzon Sr.
    edited August 2017
    Thanks, Alex! I'll re-read your tutorials today and see if I can get this working. It receives just fine, but I'm getting several errors and it won't transmit. 

Dave W5GT
  • Dave Routzon Sr.
    edited August 2017
    Success! I got it working  by using HRD as an intermediary. I can now transmit. Haven't worked anyone yet (FT8), but it is transmitting and putting out about 10 watts. I selected HRD, which is connected to PowerSDR, as the "radio" and CAT. A bit cumbersome, but since I plan to use JTalert to log, it works out. 20 meters is really hopping with FT8. Thanks for the help Geoff and Alex!

Dave W5GT
  • Dave Routzon Sr.
    edited August 2017
    Just worked VE3SLM using FT8...success!!!
  • Geoff
    Geoff Member
    edited August 2017

Hi Dave.

The new updated TS2000 emulation version is not on general release yet, so I doubt you'll have any luck. Glad you got it working with HRD. Omnirig would also have worked. 73 Geoff. G4XMJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.