Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PowerSDR 2.7.2 ke9ns Revision R1

Comments

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Darrin, this would be a great help in combating the european qrm, quickly during a qso.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Darrin, thanks for R12,.  I notice that CW spots in the spotter default to a USB or LSB setting.  Maybe a CW setting can be added in a future version ?  Perhaps band plans would be just too much work.
    Andy K3UK
  • KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

I thought about changing between modes, but the DX cluster really needs to add another column for "mode", because it could be cw, rtty, psk, Olivia, etc, etc. I thought about parsing the DX cluster comments for clues to the mode and maybe even if the operator is working split. For example: I could set the Flex to Split 5k up, if I see the words "up 5". Lots of possibilities.

I put the Grid# on the Panadapter when above 50mhz, but then I find operators generally put the grid#'s for both Spotter and Spotted into the comments when working above 50mhz, and not in the actual Grid# field.

We shall see if I can figure it out. :)

Darrin ke9ns.com

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Morning Darrin, Could you place a vfo lock button under the start stop button. With multiple windows open, its inevitable that the vfo will move.
    Another idea is to see if one can record your own voice using the Rec button and play it back ie cq dx  especially if one can listen now to your own voice ? Is it possible Darrin ?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The record does record your transmission, press record talk. Then mox and play to send over the air. VFO lock is already there under VFO sync.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Bill. Its time for new glasses...hi.
    Enjoying this power sdr software more and more and seems like those with the latest tranceivers are a bit envious. Who can blame them. Us at the bottom are just as envious of their software and capabilities.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes some I'm sure miss the old PSDR, it took several years to get this far. Many forget the need for moving to SSDR. The possibilities for PSDR has pretty much run it's coarse but SSDR is taking things to a much higher level.
  • KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    John, I was thinking of making the "Play" button key the transmitter (like the TX WaterID button) this way I can assign a keyboard key to mox the radio and play your recording in one motion. I already have the ability to keep and assign a recording to play using the quick audio buttons, so it shouldn't be a problem.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That would work or you could add another button to the record group and name it "vice ID'er" or something like that.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Darrin, or make another play button that plays and toggles mox as well in one press of a button?
  • Kevin Va3KGS
    Kevin Va3KGS Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016

Morning Darrin

I can see your are a busy guy these days. Just wondering if you had a chance to look into my thoughts above? If you could target this for your Rev20 that would be great, and at the rate your going that looks like next week!!

Thanks for your passion to support us.

Cheers

Kevin, Va3kgs

• KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    At some point I may try a new screen layout. I will have a toggle switch, to go between the old and new layout, that way nobody can complain if my new layout isn't their style.
  • KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020

PowerSDR Rev S1:

Added a Rec/Play ID checkbox, to help streamline the use of the Rec/Play buttons for contest calling. When enabled, the "REC" button is strictly for recording your voice (keys radio with 0 drive), and "PLAY" button keys the radio automatically. If you enable the Wave->"quick audio play folder", you can keep a file in that folder to use instead of the last recording.

Add DX Spot parser: My attempt at parsing the freq and comments section, to allow automatic mode selection and split when you click on the DX spot in the Dx spot window. It will change between ssb, cw, and dig modes (both USB and LSB) based on information it can detect. It also tries to detect the Split and set the radio accordingly.

Darrin ke9ns.com

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Ah great work Darrin, its works well. Can one adjust it as some people have squeaky voices and need more gain and others deep bass ? Is it linked to the mixer control ? One comment, the button needs to be a bit bolder/bigger including  the text.
  • KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020

Its recording Post Audio, so all the MIC and TX EQ settings apply. I set the Drive to 0 during the recording. For Playback its the Wave->Tx Gain Setting

So, you need to make sure the Wave->Options are always set to Post Audio to properly use the Rec/Play buttons

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Thanks Darrin. Is there anything you can do re the 2nd vfo "receiver" on the flex 3000/1500 ie as in the 5000 with panadapter split into two. Not sure if this could be done without a physical 2nd receiver module ?
  • Kuby, N6JSX
    Kuby, N6JSX Member
    edited April 2016
    Very nice, but now can we focus on making a canned DSP-NR mode with value steps (like all other radios have) so we can get a usable & effective SSB DSP-NR?
  • KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

No. RX2 is only for the 5000 if you have the 2nd receiver option installed.

• Kevin Va3KGS
    Kevin Va3KGS Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016

Morning Darrin

Sounds good to me

Cheers

Kevin

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Darrin for the s2 mod adjustable TNF filter width. Gale force winds here this morning and I am eyeing my wire antennas.
  • Kevin Va3KGS
    Kevin Va3KGS Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020

Morning Darrin

Just watched your Rev S1 video, and noticed that you changed the background image to show the world.  Can you make this live to show "Grey Line" background.  (Night / Day)?  And if so possibly be able to switch it on and off.  Just another request for your future Rev 20!!

Tnx

Kevin, Va3KGS

• KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

THAT..... is a cool idea! Will look into it.

Darrin ke9ns.com

• ik5sre
    ik5sre Member
    edited April 2020
    hello Darrin,
    can powersdr work with reverse beacon as a cluster for receive info about cw stations?
    Thank you
    Frank,IK5SRE
  • KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Are you asking if I can update PowerSDR to read the list of stations from RBN into the Panadapter?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    You need to get this guy on the payroll and working on Smart SDR enhancements
  • ik5sre
    ik5sre Member
    edited March 2016
    yes,sorry for my bad english....
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Why not just use a telnet cluster that provides skimmer (RBN) spots?
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Ultimately, it would be nice to get my own detected skims showing up in PowerSDR.  That would take the Spotter in Darrin's mods to be able to connect to CWS' Telnet port.
  • KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Are you saying you want PowerSDR to read the CWS for all the Calls signs you are detecting, and put them up on the Pan ?
  • Kevin Va3KGS
    Kevin Va3KGS Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016

Morning Darrin

I see your S3 Version is getting closer to reality of a live Grey-Line feature.  I wish I new how to program so I could help you with other suggestion your being bomb barded with.

Thanks for working on this idea.

Cheers

Kevin, Va3KGS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.