PowerGenius Tuner Any Update

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
Is their any update on the on PowerGenius Tuner. Is their any time line to delivery. 
73's Dennis KM6DF  
Photo of Dennis Daniel KM6DF

Dennis Daniel KM6DF

• 96 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Burch - K4QXX

Burch - K4QXX

• 533 Posts
  • 131 Reply Likes
An update would be nice.  The last update I read about the tuner was they would be alpha testing in the 3rd quarter.  We are almost two months into the quarter so hopefully progress is being made.
Photo of bahillen

bahillen

• 156 Posts
  • 57 Reply Likes
It would be helpful it there was initial information on cabling, physical dimensions and prelim specs. A picture would be cool.

73 Bill
Photo of Matt - KD5FGE

Matt - KD5FGE, Employee

• 131 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Dennis, the developers are making good progress on the device and are currently targeting to begin shipments before the end of the year. As time passes our visibility into the actual delivery dates will improve. Thanks again!
Photo of Asher - K0AU

Asher - K0AU

• 214 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Final dimensions, power (AC or DC?), cooling and airflow requirements including clearances, fan noise, network ports, mounting kits would all be nice to know. If I had a vote (which I don't) it would be 17" wide with rack mount ears, 12 VDC power, front air intake and rear air exit, zero clearance above and below, thermostat-controlled fans, GigE network, no Windows agent required; preferably software integrated with SSDR and with PGXL utility. 12VDC power because for me it's in a rack with a PGXL (220VAC) and an Antenna Genius (12VDC). Different supply voltages for each unit in the signal chain is a bit awkward. I wouldn't mind dry contacts to signal unit failures.
Photo of Ned K1NJ

Ned K1NJ

• 316 Posts
  • 82 Reply Likes
    And... the original idea was to have it outside at the antenna where it would
do the most good.  So power over coax and weather-proofing would be
necessary.  Integration with PGXL was assumed.

Ned,  K1NJ
Photo of Dennis Daniel KM6DF

Dennis Daniel KM6DF

• 96 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Thanks Matt is there any info that can be shared in the specs. A news letter would be nice going forward every couple of months. 

73's Dennis