Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Powered speaker jack output 6400M

Wayne
Wayne Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have connected a stereo 3.5mm trs plug to the jack on the back of the 6400M and connected it to my powered amplifier input, however it does not seem like I am getting any audio to the amplifier.

Must I enable the output somehow, or is there something I am missing to get the audio output from this jack. I see the Headphones and the Front speaker can be disabled so I am thinking there is a setting I am missing to enable the audio from the
powered speaker jack.

I have not spent a lot of time on it yet since I just setup the Flex and am checking it out so far for only 2-3 hours ... time flys when your having fun.

Answers

• Mike KE4U
    Mike KE4U Member
    edited March 2019

My 6400M Powered Speaker jack has audio present and controlled by the slice volume control. I do not know of a setting affecting this audio source. Perhaps someone else can weigh in.

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Ok humor me, where is the slice volume control ....
    Please dont say on the slice ... provide a little more detail ...
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Ok so you mean the regular AF gain using the knob, right?
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Go into your main menu and also make sure the speakers are not muted. You can mute the headphones and speakers independently. Of course pressing the volume knobs controls solo mote *muting other" and press and hold does mute.

Rich

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Top right side of the SSDR screen the Master Volume and Headphone controls should be set all the way up then click on the voume icon in the slice you are using.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Clay I think he is talking about the M radio control. Might be wrong though.
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    You're so right Rich, guess it's still a good idea to look at the title of the thread before chiming in. Sorry I thought I had this one.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Its ok its that **** loose nut behind the touch screen again (me) had the cord plugged into the wrong jack

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.