Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power Speaker Connection never sleeps! Hi HI

Ken K7YR
Ken K7YR Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Power Speaker Connection I note that when the 6700 has cycled off, the powered speakers emit one 1/2 second sound bursts......ssssss.......sssssss......ssssss every second. This suggested some incompatibility between my powered speakers and the 6700. I tried another speaker system with the same results. I unplug the speakers when the 6700 is off. Ken K7YR

Comments

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    This is a known issue with the power off state of the 6700. It has nothing to do with your speakers as it goes away when the power is completely removed from the 6700. Gerald wrote about a fix a couple of weeks ago that should be included in a future release
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This is a normal consequence of the circuit used in the powered speakers. It is your radio telling you it doesn't want to be turned off :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.