Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power slider...F6700

K1UO Larry
K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
Running V1.1 and notice that adjusting the power slider control is causing a scratchiness sound in the F6700 connected speakers.  Nothing big... just reporting it.

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Larry, I've never since this in the dozens of versions that I've tested nor have I ever seen this reported. I'm not saying it's not a problem for you just offering couple of data points. I suppose you've tried rebooting your computer and removing power from the radio. If this doesn't work then I suggest you reset the radio to factory defaults. Otherwise, Tim may have a suggestion. Mack W4AX Alpha Tester
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2017
    Don't change the power control? :-)

Are you changing the power level while transmitting?

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Hi Mac,  Ill try as you suggest..  Im just trying to get too many computers upgraded and operational with this new Firmware...  so it may well be just needing a reboot.  I had not noticed it before this.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Hi Tim,  I do believe I was changing the level while transmitting. Trying to compare the power with the LP100a wattmeter readings.   The only TX ant 1 connection I have is the Alpha Dummy Load so at least I had that connected :-)

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I would expect a short pop under those conditions.  The audio has to stop momentarily when you make changes to the hardware (PA drive level).  It isn't a problem.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.