Power slider...F6700

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Not a Problem
Running V1.1 and notice that adjusting the power slider control is causing a scratchiness sound in the F6700 connected speakers.  Nothing big... just reporting it.
Photo of K1UO - Larry

K1UO - Larry

• 816 Posts
  • 131 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mack McCormick

Mack McCormick, Elmer

• 324 Posts
  • 116 Reply Likes
Larry,
I've never since this in the dozens of versions that I've tested nor have I ever seen this reported. I'm not saying it's not a problem for you just offering couple of data points. I suppose you've tried rebooting your computer and removing power from the radio. If this doesn't work then I suggest you reset the radio to factory defaults.

Otherwise, Tim may have a suggestion.

Mack
W4AX
Alpha Tester
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9152 Posts
  • 3478 Reply Likes
Don't change the power control? :-)

Are you changing the power level while transmitting?

Photo of K1UO - Larry

K1UO - Larry

• 816 Posts
  • 131 Reply Likes
Hi Tim,  I do believe I was changing the level while transmitting. Trying to compare the power with the LP100a wattmeter readings.   The only TX ant 1 connection I have is the Alpha Dummy Load so at least I had that connected :-)

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9152 Posts
  • 3478 Reply Likes
I would expect a short pop under those conditions.  The audio has to stop momentarily when you make changes to the hardware (PA drive level).  It isn't a problem.
Photo of K1UO - Larry

K1UO - Larry

• 816 Posts
  • 131 Reply Likes
Hi Mac,  Ill try as you suggest..  Im just trying to get too many computers upgraded and operational with this new Firmware...  so it may well be just needing a reboot.  I had not noticed it before this.