Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power cable Flex 6300

Lewis Cheek
Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
Anyone know the length of power cable supplied with Flex-6300 ? Not looking for a statement like 5 feet, 8 feet. I need the correct length so I'll know where to position power supply.

Perhaps it's in the manual, if so I missed it.

73's
Lew
N4CO

Answers

• TAC
    TAC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I had no idea the length of the power cable was important.  Of course within reason.
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    I guess if one does not care where power supply is located then I guess not.

Perhaps I need to purchase a "wire stretcher", anyone have one they are not using?

Lew
  • Paul, W8PAB
    Paul, W8PAB Member
    edited August 2014
    My power cable is 72 inches long.
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Thanks, now I have a number to work with. I didn't want to add a power (fuse) block and have additional voltage drop.

I have one of those 50 amp ( UGLY) Astron's and it needs to go under the desk.

Thanks again, however I'm still looking for a "wire stretcher" :)

Lew
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Lew,

I cannot offer you a "wire stretcher", but I can tell you that I use a 35 amp Astron PS with my 6700 that normally runs about 30 watts out on the digital modes and the heat sink on the back of the PS gets pretty hot. I don't think it would start a fire with paper or cloth up against it, but I would not rest my bare feet on it! I keep mine on the desk, but obviously you are space-limited...enjoy your new 6300.

Ed, K0KC
  • James Kirk
    James Kirk Member
    edited June 2014
    Better 72 inches than 6 feet.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    It's just a standard piece of #12 DC Cable (red and black) with an Anderson power pole connector on one end. You can easily cut it to whatever length u need or go to Any hardware store to make up a longer one (assuming u have acces to spare Anderson Power pole connectors
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    It is exactly 6ft (72 inches or 1.8288 meters)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.