Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power Genius XL Remote Operation Questions with Flex6700 & SSDR

Options
Michael Aust
Michael Aust Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Considering a Power Genius XL and wanted to know the following info
1.) How will you be able to turn on & off the Power Genius XL remotely,
will it be inside SSDR, say V2.0 or a version when Power Genius comes 
out?

Like to see this on Youtube, like to at least see how SSDR and Power Genius 
work together, say with a Flex6700 & Flex6600M

73 Mike

Answers

• Michael Aust
    Michael Aust Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Reason I ask, i see no info from Flex FRS, is it vaporware at this present time ?
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I'm laughing when someone says that it's vaporware. No it's not vaporware. There are a few preproduction models in the wild. Not sure about turning on and off but I would leave it on always anyway. You can go op/standby. There is a separate software for the amp in windows and android, but I believe there is also an "amp" panel in SSDR that allows you to control it.
  • 4O3A Signature
    4O3A Signature Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hi Mike,
    PG XL main power supply is OFF when in STBY mode. 24V AUX power supply remains ON and LAN/display is powered. 
    STBY/OPERATE will be controllable from SmartSDR directly, and it's a way to switch PG XL ON/OFF.

I hope it helps.

Ranko
  • Michael Aust
    Michael Aust Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Ranko
     Thanks for your answer, that helps greatly. Like to see a video on how this works or a 
    picture from SSDR where the buttons are to switch between Op/Standby within SSDR.
    Will be using this Amp for remote control with Flex6700
    Mike
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Mike, have you seen the video on the FRS web page?  I have also seen other videos that show the PGXL power out display built into SSDR but I don't remember where I saw that video....

http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/powergenius-xl/

Dennis, k0eoo

• Michael Aust
    Michael Aust Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Dennis,
      Thanks, yes i have seen the video. Like
    to see the operation done under SSDR remotely
    Mike

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    There was another video where Ranko was using the amp with SSDR. I think it's on the 4O3A facebook page, or it could be removed since the product has since been revised. 

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Michael, the amp has basic operational software completed that allows you to use the amp with SmartSDR.  The PGXL GUI interface software in SmartSDR has not been released yet.  There is nothing to "see" when operating it remotely except the power meter range is from 0-1500W when connected to the amp.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.