I completed the setup and configuration of my new PG XL (connected
to my Flex 6500M/Laptop SmartSDR 2.3.7) as described in the user manual.
- Installed and ran the PG XL Utility
- Updated PG XL firmware to version emailed to me by Flex
- Opened the PG XL Configuration control/Flexradio Tab – it showed my 6500M serial #. Selected ANT1 and LAN PTT Source.
- In SmartSDR, I opened the Radio/Settings/TX tab and set delay to 20ms.
- Everything seemed to run fine, and the remote amplifier status screen shows up on the laptop and shows Temp and other PG XL parameters. Everything except band data. It does not follow band/frequency changes for ANT1 in SmartSDR as I tune in receive. The PG XL screen and the remote screen on the laptop both show “NO BAND DATA”.
Again, I’m running SmartSDR 2.3.7 on the laptop, not from the 6500M console.
Did I miss a step?
I ran into this myself.
To pair a PGXL with a FlexRadio, you must do all three of these things in the PGXL Windows App.
Select the S/N of the FlexRadio
Select an Antenna
Select a PTT method (LAN)
You will know it is paired correctly when you see band data on the amp and an AMP icon in the SmartSDR. I've entered a bug against the PGXL Windows App to provide additional feedback on the success or failure of pairing.
Let me know if that helps.
The PG XL Configuration / Flexradio Tab in the PG XL Window:
Port A Configuration:
Serial No.: 5017-7826-6601-2243
TX Antenna: ANT1PTT Source: LAN
But no band data shows on the PG XL display or Windows app. I should have known the setup process was going too smoothly. That's never a good sign! (-:
Thanks much to all who responded!
Still, it's a bug, a 4o3a bug in fact, but It's a really nice bug to find. Nice catch Howard!