Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power Genius PO level not showing in Smart SDR GUI

Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
6600M v 3.19 The power out meter for the Power Genius just moves a very little on the Smart SDR window.  I had major help today from Dave WO2X and he suggested that I put this on the forum.  The power out looks correct on the Power Genius XL Utility and on my external meters but not on Smart SDR or on the front of the 6600M.  Any suggestions?  Comments?
Thanks, 
Jeff N3VE

Comments

• Dan Quigley, N7HQ
    edited May 2019
    When you say moves very little are you talking about peak readings on an SSB signal or if you are keydown CW/TUNE there is little meter deflection? 

Dan, N7HQ 
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    edited May 2019
    Dan, this is on SSB, very little deflection on SSDR but the power genius utility shows accurate power reading.  CW shows correctly.
    Jeff
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Hi Dan I was helping Jeff. Actually the utility isn’t quite showing accurate PEP readings. He was set for 1 KW out and utility would show just over 500 watts. The SmartSDR for Windows GUI and Maestro both showed just under 100 watts on the PG XL meter in both SSDR and Maestro. He could not do a steady tune due to major RFI he is causing in the shack (that’s a story for another day). Radio ver 3.0.19 Amp 3.12 73 Dave De **** wo2x
  • Dan Quigley, N7HQ
    edited May 2019
    RRR - understood.  What does the PGXL front panel show?

There is a task in the firmware queue to review how we generate meter deflection data in general, I'll add this thread to that work item. 

Sure appreciate the details in these reports!

Dan

• Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    edited May 2019

Dave, I plugged in a key and in cw mode the SSDR GUI worked fine.
    Jeff
  • Roger Thompson AD5T
    Roger Thompson AD5T Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    During the VHF contest I was confused when I didn't get any 6m ssb output power readings in the SmartSDR PGXL window while seeing proper levels in both the amp utility and the amp front panel.  I just tested twice on cw and twice on ssb this evening.  For cw, all three indicators did show proper amp power level, but there was no amp power output reading in the SmartSDR PGXL window in ssb.  So, as for now, I've not seen any amp ssb power readings directly in SmartSDR's PGXL window during the contest or in tests.

73, Roger AD5T
  • Ray - K6LJ
    Ray - K6LJ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019

Please talk with Tim by submitting a ticket he is familiar with this issue
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I've had this happen twice now with my new PGXL.  When it happens, I shutdown SSDR and power off the 6700 and remove the power from the 6700.  When I boot everything back up, the power meter works again in SSDR.  The meter always works on the amp and the utility software.
  • Ray - K6LJ
    Ray - K6LJ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019

Hi Burch there is a newer version of firmware for the PG-XL 3.2.4 that is in test. Ask Tim about it. He told me that as soon as it is tested it will be released. I have not had to reboot everything just reload the firmware to the PG-XL.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Ray, did this fix the issue with the PO not showing is SSDR?  It has only happened to me twice and hasn't happening lately, although I haven't used the amp much lately.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.