Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power Genius (PGXL) peak power reading for phone

Matt (K0KB)
Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in New Ideas
It would be nice to have peak power reading on phone similar to the peak microphone level indicator as shown in the short video I made this morning.

https://youtu.be/lMM4dLwDUyI

Comments

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Matt thanks for that video.  Interesting.  Have you touched base with FRS about this issue?  And if so, is this something they plan to fix on a future software revision? 
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    It is not an issue or something to fix. It is an preferance request. That meter on the SSDR software has worked that way for years.
    At least we know the RF power setting, 1 to 100w can be displayed by hovering over the RF power slider. Then we know just how much power we are sending to the amp.

When using my amp I never pay much attention to that meter other than it tells me power is being generated. but a peak read reading would never hurt....
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Even without taking into consideration the peak indicator, the Power Genius XL Utility does look like it shows considerably more power output than the SSDR Power Genius Power meter.  This is normal?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I would think that the utility program would show the same as the the PGXL meter. What I'm saying, maybe I was not understood, is the way the meter is working in SSDR up in the control panel has worked like that for a long time, the meter In SSDR is indicating power out from the radio, with an amp connected, maybe 50w? or lower.

Anyways, maybe Flex will take a look at this some time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.