Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power Genius coming-installation question

Wayne Schonfeld
Wayne Schonfeld Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in Power Genius XL Amplifier
II plan to use my PG with both a Flex 6700 and ICOM 7610. I understand the needed installation hookups. My question is how the PG senses which transceiver is functioning. Is it the PTT or Ethernet data or sensing RF at Transceiver 1 or 2 SO239s?

Answers

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Wayne - I'm not sure (I'm still waiting on my PG-XL) but check on page 16 of the PG-XL manual and you'll see a Configuration window.  I'm guessing that's where you determine how a non-Flex rig is configured.

By the way, when did you place your PG-XL order?  
  • Wayne Schonfeld
    Wayne Schonfeld Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    May 31, 2017.  My concern about installation is how the PG senses which transceiver (with it's frequency data) is "in use".  I suspect it will be whichever one presents RF to the PG and not the PTT.  This is how the Expert Linear works but I am not sure it's how the PG works.
  • Dan-N7HQ
    Dan-N7HQ FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager admin
    edited April 2020
    Folks, 

The PGXL requires either an analog PTT signal (to the appropriate RCA jack on the back of the unit) or PTT over TCP/IP to enter transmit mode.  Band/filter selection can come from RF in,  RS232 (various protocols), BCD pin and TCP/IP.   But to transmit, you need to supply a PTT signal. 

Best,
    Dan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.