Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Postage costs of a Power Genius

Tom
Tom Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in New Ideas
Recently I have contacted European manufacturer of Power Genius asking about postage costs within Europe and to Australia. Their quote is in the order of 300 Euros for each destination.  Quite interesting price structure....To my  question about sea mail option their response was that there is only one option of sending PG out of Montenegro.
I will check with Flex, as they were able to keep the delivery costs of my F6700  quite acceptable. It looks as there is no sea mail servive from the US either..
I may end up not buying a PG at  due to significant, additional costs.

Tom
0 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Anything you hear now is speculation. It's not even for sale in Europe yet and will be sold through the dealer network there from all indications. As for "Sea mail" from the USA, USPS has stopped sending packages via sea. It's all air now and actually contracted out to FedEx. There are other carriers such as FedEx, DHL and UPS but they all ship by air. To ship by sea you need to send a container load of stuff. It is more economical for small shipments to go by air. Ria
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    ...there was a word from FRS in the past that it makes no sense produce the Amp in EU, send it to US and then to a buyer in EU back
  • Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I believe that European buyers will receive their PG directly from the manufacturer. For me, quoted postage costs of some 300 Euro are significantly inflated.  Obviously various European sellers will add a large portion of these costs to their sale price, plus obviously European VAT.

Tom
  • Matt-KD5FGE
    Matt-KD5FGE FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Tom,

Thank you for your message. We are still working out the details for Australia. If it makes more sense to ship from Austin we will do so. Please keep in mind that these amplifiers are fairly heavy and will be somewhat costly for overseas shipments. The amplifier will weigh around 33 pounds without the shipping materials and cables. I would be happy to work with you directly on this if you would like. Please send me an email to matt@flexradio.com.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.