Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ports changed

Steve - M3SXA
Steve - M3SXA Member
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Ports have changed...
Just turned on the Flex 6500 after being off for a couple of days and noticed in the CAT window (v1.2.4) I now have COM6 where before it has always been COM4 and that's the only one selectable as nothing else shown.

In the Serial ports tab available ports show COM4-14 COM5-15
I had in there originally COM4 and COM5ptt that has now gone no more ptt.

Port maps show COM4, 5, 6

Just did a windows 7 x64 update rebooted the computer as well as the Flex 6500 and still shows COM 6 so deleted all virtual ports and started again and now back to COM4

Started SmartSDR moved window to make it smaller and it's froze, though I think this is a known problem reading the release notes...
Steve

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The console freeze (crash) after a resize of the main window has been previously reported and is in the bug tracker.

Not sure about the com port issue. If it happens again,  please report it.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I experienced that issue with Com5 as the default after everything was setup with com4 which initially showed up as the default for the flex.  The problem was related to attaching some USB device that had "grabbed" com4 thus requiring the Flex to grab the next open com port.  So you need to find out what else is using com4.  Look into Device Manager in Windows to see what is assigned there.
  • Steve - M3SXA
    Steve - M3SXA Member
    edited February 2015
    Nothing else connected Don, so no idea why after 3 weeks it suddenly changed.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Still sounds like another device grabbed the com port.  No usb printer, usb speakers, anything?
  • Steve - M3SXA
    Steve - M3SXA Member
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the suggestions, mouse and keyboard are USB that's it no printer....or speakers weird as it's only happened the once but easy enough to fix, just deleted the virtual ports and restarted Cat and reinstalled port 5 Steve

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.