Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

poor reception on all bands

Options
M Evans
M Evans Member ✭✭
edited November 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
It seems since upgrading to 1.4.3 I have a permanent attenuator turned on. I have very poor reception on all bands. After I do a reset it seems to work better for awhile but quickly reverts to poor reception. Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas? Is it possible to revert to 1.4 or earlier without really messing something up? I hooked my Anan 10 up to the same antenna and network cable and all seems well! Help

Comments

• km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have found reception via 1.4.3 to be like previous versions of SSDR and that is superior to all other radios. Sorry to hear about you having to settle w/ using another radio. Converting back to 1.4 is easy to do. Just load the software to your computer and select downgrade on the initial SSDR window. It is in the manual. 
  • Joe, KQ1Q
    Joe, KQ1Q Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    By "poor reception" do you mean audibly poor, or the signal strength on the S meter and panafall display are weak? If weak signal strength, here are some things to check:
    -  Is your Rx antenna (as indicated on slice receiver) set to the right terminal?
    - Try setting the AGC-T slider (in the Rx panel) to 100%, or just turning it off (reduce slider first)
    - Under ANT, verify RF attenuation is 0
    - If you're using a tuner or amp, as an experiment remove those from the signal chain

If it still happens, take a screen cap when it's working right, then one when it's weak. Be sure the divider between panadapter and waterfall is set to include a substantial portion of the waterfall display. Post them here and maybe we can figure something out.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yes it is possible to revert back to 1.4.0  If you still have it on the PC, all you need to do  is run it and it well prompt your to upgrade(downgrade) the firmware. ... But first I would suggest you try a reset to factory defaults and see if your reception is normal.

AL, K0VM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.