Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

poor ethernet connection to radio flex 6300

Options
steve turner
steve turner Member
edited September 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
hi everyone
iam new to flex radio 6300 iam not using a router i have just gone direct from my windows pc to the 6300 with a cat 5 lead i set it up yesterday afternoon i got wsjtx working fine with dax audio had a few qso on 40mtre ssb was really happy turned evrything off. switched back on last night 
and i had poor connection the waterfall was not solid the signal bar at the bottom on the right was going yellow and red. i did a reset on the radio it was fine .i have come back on today and there is poor connection i have had to re boot the computer and do another re set on the radio anybody any ideas what could be wrong. many thanks steve

Answers

• Russ K5OA
    Russ K5OA Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I would get a new Cat 5 ethernet cable first as well as check to see that the PC is turning off the ethernet port or doing a power saving shut off. Look at Device manager, for the NIC and make sure Power Management is not checked to "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You should have all green bars with that direct connection always for sure.  GL
  • steve turner
    steve turner Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    many thanks i will try that and get back to you cheers steve
  • Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I have also seen bad NIC cards in the PC.   A NIC card only costs like $25 I would get another one if the above tests do not help.
  • steve turner
    steve turner Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    many thanks guys problem solved power setting was ticked in NIC card settings now time to set via my router now i know radio is fine once again thanks guys

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.