Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Please Wait Startup Messages

Wayne
Wayne Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
The inconsistant startups with ver 2.1.33 I have confirmed are definitly rig based and caused by an unreliable or confused bootup of my 6400M. It has now occurred 2 times yesterday and 1 time today. My non internet gigabit hardwired network connection plays no part in it. The issue is when the rig boots up the rig is slow or not booting up reliably and misses the network connection then defaults to the please wait message. As soon as I see that message I hit the power button the rig shutsdown I wait 5 seconds hit the power button again and it boots up correctly going right to ver 2.1.33 showing the ready to go standalone screen on the 6400M directly. I start the same way everytime I start the rig same connections and same equipment in the same order regardless of how I might change operation once it is ready to go. So as most are being led that its their network causing issues I have proven to myself its not just like computers dont always startup correctly when booting guess what the 6400M relies on an internal computer to bootup correctly as well and now 3 times in the last 2 days it has not. Just an annoyance thats increasing now but I know how to deal with it and whats causing it. So maybe the next update will make it more reliable. Im just happy its not my network issue.

Comments

• Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I have been using the 6600M daily, both local & remote, since going on line here last month. I have never seen, so far at least, anything as you describe.
    It on LAN using router & switch on Verizon FIOS.
    I also restart, or change from local to remote, a few times daily as part of learning and testing, plus setting up the transceiver.

Tom W3FRG
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    All last month I have operatedjust about everyday the same way with no issues it always goes directly to 2.1.33 to the radio screen ready to go. I have not used smart ssdr for windows except 2 times in March the 2 weeks after getting the rig and only then because flex forced me to do it so i would have a backup of all my profile since there is no other way to back them up.

Consider yourself lucky until this weekend I only had it happen 2 times since March and 1 I caused and the 2 nd time was the 1st glitch for the rig.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    Please install SmartSDR v2.2.8 as there is a fix specific for the M model startup logic.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.