Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Please remove unneeded DAX devices!

Dick B
Dick B Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
My poor little 6300 and SmartSDR DAX v1.6.17 cause 45 devices to be listed in Windows Sound Recording!  I only have Mic, Line In, SignalLink USB in/out, and the 6300 DAX channels.  It's already difficult configuring 3rd party apps like MMSSTV, EasyPal, etc etc ... without having to wade through tons of unusable "Not plugged in" and never will be devices.  

Is there any way I can remove them myself?  

Answers

• Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Tim replied to another post to deselect an option to display disconnected sound devices but failed to say where that option is - I don't see it in DAX or Sound windows.  But then again, I sometimes can't find items at Home Depot that are right in front of me!  ; )   The only one I know about is in Device Manager but that's not where I see the problem. It has to work for third party programs that display Sound devices also.  
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I will install SmartSDR v1.6 on a Windows 7 x86 Virtual Machine I have running (I can take a snapshot of it so I can revert). I will try to remove the extra sound devices from the Device Manager and see what happens. I should be able to uninstall the unused devices so long as I do not uninstall the driver or it may affect the ones we want to keep. I'll let you know what I find out. HACK HACK HACK until it works (or blows up). :) 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Just disable the undesired sound devices.  Uninstalling is not necessary.
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Excellent idea! Thanks Tim.
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Did that in the Sound applet from the Control Panel. Also unset "Show disabled devices"" to hide them. Not from the Device Manager is my point.
  • Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Looks doable - but how to decide which ones to Disable ... for each of the RX1 - RX8 there are 3 types (Mic, Line In, and CD?).  The same for all the DAX IQ devices.  

This is way overkill for a simple 6300 operator trying to do PSK, MMSSTV, etc.  It's OK to flaunt the DAX capabilities but a Simple/Advanced choice might go a long ways to helping newbees get into Flex radios.  This is making it absolutely daunting!  

I'll go study the DAX manual but I certainly shouldn't have to.  

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Disable anything that has 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 in the name. It's a pretty long list, but you only have to do it once. And you probably want to do that on every machine where you have DAX running, in case you have more than one PC like myself.
  • Ken - WA8JXM
    Ken - WA8JXM Member
    edited February 2017
    I was going to say "that doesn't work" but as I began to type this, I thought of something else: You have to reboot before the unwanted DAX entries disappear"  Rebooting eliminated the excess DAX3-8 entries.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.