Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PLEASE fix the Buffer issue with DSTAR decoding

KENT HUFFORD
KENT HUFFORD Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
When the first WAVEFORM for DSTAR came out, and FLEX sold the ThumbDV/DV3000 it worked great. On 2m/440 with a Transverter, and also even on HF. Then about 18 months ago, SmartSDR and the DSTAR waveform was "updated" and caused a major issue. Many trouble tickets have been submitted to FLEX. Been told at Dayton 2018. Not on front burner, but will get to it.

DSTAR does WORK on the FLEX 6xxx series. It does transmit and decode. HOWEVER, when it decodes it includes about 1 sec or so of the PREVIOUS transmission. And cuts off about 1 sec on the end of the current transmission. I'm told this is could be a "buffer" issue with the FLEX DSTAR waveform software that can be fixed, when FLEX has time and wants to. 

PLEASE FIX THIS... 

Kent
KQ4KK

DSTAR HF VOICE SCHEDULE (SUMMER) Prenet 30 min before scheduled nets.

Sat PM 7:00 E (2300Z)             

Sunday AM 10:00 E (1400Z Sunday)

Sunday PM 7:00 E (2300Z)                

Check USB/LSB on freq to make sure the freq is clear.

6 mtrs 50.210 DV for 2 mins

10 mtrs 28.400 DV for 5 mins

12 mtrs 24.938 DV for 5 mins

15 mtrs 21.380 DV for 5 mins

17 mtrs 18.148 DV for 5 mins

20 mtrs 14.340 DV for 5 mins

40 mtrs 7.285(or another open freq) DV for 5 mins

75 mtrs 3.880 (or another open freq) DV for 5 mins

"Digital voice is defined in the Commission's rules based on content as voice (i.e. phone), not data, per Section 97.3(c)(5) of the Rules." Check out ARRL comments:  

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/document/view?id=7521063715  

Answers

• Jim
    Jim Member
    edited November 2018
    I agree, I'd really like to see this issue fixed/addressed!  It's very disappointing to have a feature that WAS working STOP working and no ETA for resolution. I do a lot of D-STAR VHF/UHF stuff and it'd be nice to chat with my friends on 6m D-STAR (VHF) simplex in the central Virginia (Richmond) area.

We've had a bunch of 1 watt QSO's which are crystal clear and I'd love to use my Flex to do the same.
    73 de K8OI
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I'll pile on, I need this to work my local repeater, why should I have to have two radios for one band?  Could this be addressed?  I've seen several threads up here and I have not seen an official response, did I miss it?   Can we get a commitment to address this in a timely manner???
    Peter
  • Fbj Lee Maisel
    edited July 2018
    Absolutely correct. And not even an offer of reimbursement.
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Guys at Flex, we'd appreciate an official response here and particularly a commitment to fix this.
    Peter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.