Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

phase reversal between audio channels

N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited August 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I was listening to W1AW code practice on 40 meters using 2 slices tuned exactly the same, except one slice was on the left speaker the second slice was on the right speaker (also using a headset). Seemed to work well. I then changed the L/R slider to the center for the left channel and noticed a decrease in the volume which I could reverse by going back to the left position. I tried the right channel slider with the same result, a marked loss of volume. The next step was to move the slider all the way to the left to match the other slice. The result of both slices on the same audio channel (left of right) was the almost complet cancelling of the W1AW signal in the output. I guess my question is, could there be a phase reversal (180 degrees) between the audio channels? And if there is, should there be? Don't really know why I was listening like this but at the moment it seemed OK. You guys are doing a great job, under very trying conditions. Thanks. Al N4AB

Comments

• Greg - K5GJ
    Greg - K5GJ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Al, We have identified there is a situation where the audio phase reverses and the resultant behavior is as you described: Left goes to Right and vice versa. The engineering team is hot on the trail of this along with several improvements in the audio area. We hope to have this one tackled in time for the 1.0 release. Thanks again for the report! 73, Greg
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Greg, it is not the switching between the left and right channels that I have also noticed before. This problem seems to be an actual 180 degree change in the two audio signals where one cancels the other out. not a swap in sides, that leaves the volume the same. This problem actually reduces the volume of both channels esentialy to zero. Sorry I forgot I'm using a 6700 with GPS and Win 7 Al N4AB P.S. Why are you still working, its 2240 there.
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Greg, I have tried several times this morning to repeat this situation but since I rebooted the 6700 last night I can not repeat the action. Hopefully a one time thing or more likely something I was screwing up. 73 Al N4AB 6700 GPSDO Win 7 HP I7 laptop with 2nd monitor

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.