Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL wireshark dump

Mark_WS7M
Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi all of you lucky new PGXL amp owners...

I am wondering if any of you would be willing to send me a wireshark dump of PGXL communications, particularly with respect to SSDR?

In looking at the FlexLib API I can see there are "Amplifier" objects which I am assuming get discovered then SSDR allows some control of those amplifiers.

I don't have a PGXL but I am considering writing a small utility to make my SPE amp look and feel like a PGXL to basically fool SSDR into thinking it has a PGXL connected.

In order to do this I sort of need to see the communication stream so I can create my little utility to mimic that stream.

Alternatively if Flex Radio had an API document on the PGXL broadcasts, commands etc that would be even better.

Mark

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    Port 9008 is the only port used by PGXL Utility: UDP for discovery and TCP for control
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The SPE amps have only a partial function / control overlap when compared to PGXL. I have taken a different approach to control my SPE AMP in SSDR/W, SSDR/M and Maestro. If you have not already run FRStack, run it then look at the SPE tab or SPE Window. Now look at the FRStack SPE menu in SSDR added via the new SPOTS feature. 
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Tim!
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hi Mark,

Aware of that.  Yes understand the partial overlap too.  It is more of a science experiment than anything to see if I can sort of make my SPE look like a PGXL.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.