Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL TX delay parameter with V 2.5.1 and/or V 3.0.19?

Options
Mike_N1MD
Mike_N1MD Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Does the PGXL amp still require a 40 msec TX delay rather than a 20 sec TX delay with the new versions of the SSDR?

Tnx
Mike, N1MD

Answers

• K9SO
    K9SO Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    40mS! OMG! And I thought 20mS was a long time. All these little delays really start to add up, especially when you are operating remotely.

Fred
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I received my PGXL a few weeks ago and have been running it on 40ms delay.  80% of my operating has been done remotely, mostly running FT8 and a little SSB.  No issues with latency.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I use mine successfully at 30-40 WPM with 20 ms TX Delay.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team (SSDR and PGXL)

• Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Could be each amp is a little different due to relay timing variation. My amp is 100% happy with a little over 50, have settled on 75 just for reliability. I test by sending a single "dit" at very fast speed settings, into the 40's. Use FDX to listen to myself on a second antenna. The speed of the code and forcing the amp into transmit by starting with a "dit" is the way I have discovered problems. Hope this helps.
    Bill W2PKY 
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I as well.  40wpm 18ms delay.
    Also on Alpha 2 years on my PGXL with 6600-M.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.