Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL March '2019 Updates

Answers

• dan flynn
    dan flynn Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Got the phone call also. Was told will be shipped out Thursday 3/21
  • W9TVX
    W9TVX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Just received the call. 11767 W9TVX
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Tuesday 3/19: Received a call and email from Matt, paid the balance, and Flex shipped the PGXL the same day.  I should have the amp Monday!   My original order was #11652 on 2/8/2017.
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I guess you can change my status.....

02/11/17  11703  N4RWG    Richard   Paid 03/20/19  Shipped and RX'd Tracking Info

Yes...  Excited.....  Very Excited!

Richard - N4RWG
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Here are the specifics to my order to add to your database: Order number: AB-14460 Order Date: 12/10/2017 I ordered it online for the “Free Tuner Special” with $1000 deposit Thanks KJ KJ8DO
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Dan... Outstanding News.... CU on the Bands!
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Great News...  Doors are opened!
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    We will be experiencing the Set Up Wonders.... at the same time......  Have fun!
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    For those of you that are receiving your Amp, was there any estimate mentioned about the 4o3A ATU shipments?
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    No mention of the tuner.
  • K5UFO
    K5UFO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Ordered/placed deposit 12/3/17, Invoice number AB-14429.
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    No mention on my Phone Call......  As I have an HF-Auto, I can wait for now.
  • Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    AB-11667  Delivered 03/21/2019
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Delivered 3/25.  Removal of the Original Amp and getting the PGXL in place, 220 Volt Plug on the Supplied Wire, Download the Software Package and load the Utility Program and run the amp through its paces took all of about an hour with success.   Fan Noise is less than my OM400A+ and Drive to get approx 1500 watts is about 40 watts.  First impressions seems to indicate the PGXL is all that it is advertised.   Time will tell but initial feelings are one of satisfaction.

NOTE:   Downloaded the Firmware Software but the latest version 3.1.2 has not changed so that was never required.

To all of the new owners of the PGXL Amplifier......  Enjoy and break the 3Y0I (Bouvet) Pile Ups

Richard - N4RWG
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Order number: AB-11713
    Order Date: 2/13/2017

Shipped 3/20 delivered 3/25 to NJ.

Jeff N3VE

• James Skala
    James Skala Member
    edited March 2019
    If I placed a order today how long would it take to receive?
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Call Matt.  He may be able to give you an estimate.
  • Dale Johnson
    Dale Johnson Member
    edited March 2019
  • Dale Johnson
    Dale Johnson Member
    edited March 2019
    Received the call this afternoon, so excited I could hardly talk. It’s on the dock, sent money. 12043
  • David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    What was the date of your reservation?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Hey Jeff,

Welcome to the PGXL club! Great amp

Dave wo2x

• Dale Johnson
    Dale Johnson Member
    edited March 2019
    4/28/2017
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Dale...  Welcome to the PGXL Club....  You will be very satisfied.  Been running mine through its paces and very pleased.  Follow the Quick Set Up Guide and you will have no problems.

Richard - N4RWG
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Getting closer.  My order went in 5/26/2017
  • Dale Johnson
    Dale Johnson Member
    edited March 2019
    Thank you Richard! I’m sure there’s a learning curve! Will look for you on the Bands! Dale
  • David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Awful quiet....anyone get their amp lately?
  • Dale Johnson
    Dale Johnson Member
    edited April 2019
    Just received the amp and in the process of hooking it up. On the side, it is physically larger than I invisioned W9TTH
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    As reported earlier.  Got mine a week ago and am very impressed.!

Richard - N4RWG
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Dale...  Got mine last week and yes...  I have seen the units at both Dayton / Zenia and Orlando.  Did not think that the size was an issue.  Compared to my OM2000A+ it is not has high BUT yes it is deeper.  Not an issue and she just perks right along.  Actually the Fan Noise on the Standard Mode is quieter than the OM.  Obviously moving the setting up causes an increase in Fan Noise but does not come over the TX Audio and with Headphones on (DX'er here) that is not an issue either.  So far I am very impressed with the unit.  Great Power Out and certainly the ease of setting up and operating just adds to the satisfaction.

C U on the bands

Richard - N4RWG
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Now all we need to do is to get people to talk about their new PGXL amps  more.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.