Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL January update

Options
13»

Answers

• Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    You are not whining, but even  if you were $1000 allows you to plus it was insulting to call anyone in this matter, whining.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Richard,

We are cycling the new inventory we had in house back through the factory in Montenegro. That means we ship them back, they rework to final ECO standards, burn in and test, ship back to us, and we do incoming inspection before shipment.This cycle has begun but not long enough to establish a run rate that I am confident of communicating.

You were never at #30 based on a look at the database. I do agree that it would be good for us to be proactive with those of you who ordered very early. I would like to do that as soon as I am confident of what we are getting consistently from the factory. We got our first new shipment this week so that is not enough to establish a run rate yet.

I sincerely apologize that we have not been able to provide better information. 

To everyone, please refrain from personal comments or attacks back and forth. 

Gerald
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Gerald...   I do appreciate the update and Production to Shipping Flow Update.  Yes the "30" given to me at Orlando in '17 was thought to be a "wild guess" by FRS at the time but later when 70 was mentioned was a more realistic number.   Still within the first Production Run Numbers.   As always us Die Hard Flex Owners will stand By until you are ready to ship.

Again TNX for bearing with us.

Richard - N4RWG
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    $7,000 hardly constitutes a "filthy rich" purchase. 
  • bobby
    bobby Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Everyone also remember even though maybe 120 units are received (guesstimate) and checked out verified and shipped a certain percentage of the checked out units must be held back probably 12 (again guesstimate) in case some are damaged during shipping or delivery or are doa, or do not function correctly on arrival (shades of the M line release come to mind) so this is why its so hard to predict a flow rate based upon a single received shipment.
  • dan flynn
    dan flynn Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Gerald,
               Thanks for the update.  I echo W9JJB  .... comforting news.  Looking forward to hearing from you when you establish a run rate.  Heck of a logistic chain you mange.  Here's fingers crossed the ECO's have stabilized.  Regards,  Dan

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Howard.  I have little interest in Contesting so the PG-XL Control Panel integration with SSDR is my main interest.  Although comparing prices with the SPE 1.5k V2, I'm weighing whether the SSDR integration feature is worth an extra $2k.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.