Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Persistence of panels

Charles - K5UA
Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I typically only have one panadapter utilizing only one fourth of the screen. That leaves me space for only 2 panels, the TX and the RX panel. Each time I load SSDR I must grey out the other 3 panels for the TX and RX panel to show. Can the customized panel choices be added to persistence so we don't have to make the choices each time we start SSDR?

Comments

• K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    This ix on my wish list also.  73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    In addition to persistence for the control panels, it would be nice if the user could move them or even undock them from the SSDR window. Personally I would rather they be aligned along the bottom of the SSDR window, or along the top. It would allow for more real estate to display more control windows. 73 Greg AB7R
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    You can move them.  Simply drag them to change the display order.  However, the display order is not persisted either.  73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Yes but you are limited to keeping them on the right side. You can only change the order in which they appear. I'm talking about being able to move them anywhere in the SSDR window; along the top, bottom, left side...where ever. For me the most logical choice would be along the bottom or top and allow them to expand or contract as you change the overall size of the main SSDR window.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I believe I saw some mention months ago that eventually the control panel blocks may be made moveable/dockable so that we can move them wherever we want, even to a different monitor.  That would be a nice feature!  It would also be very nice if the control panel blocks would be adjustable in size with proportional attributes so that they wouldn't take up so much space on a larger monitor.
  • Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    You're right Greg, but I'd settle for basic panel persistence for now until we get the fully customizable undockable panels .
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    These panels and placement are something I need to rearrange every time I start SSDR.   Shutting down ones seldom used and moving others depending on Mode of operation in use at the time. Maybe in the next release :-)
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    According to Tim in another related post it is on the list.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/transmit_panel_persistence

Maybe it will be listed on the road map update planned for around the end of May.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The order and position of the panels are important to me.  So please, please make it so that the radio remembers this on start up.

Pat WR1Z

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.