Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Peak Hold on other bar meters

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I would like to see the RF Power meter do peak & average like the mike level meters does. That is really neat. I have also suggested 5 dB tic marks on the compression meter. They wouldn't even need to label them, just put blue marks across the scale between the two lines that bracket the moving red meter. They could do the same with the mike level meter. Note: This topic was created from a reply on the COMP strangeness topic.
2 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• K4EAR
    K4EAR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    I have bifoculitis and seeing the levels and few tick marks/numbering in a deep blue on black background strains my eyes.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Eventually, we should be able to customize our color scheme. perhaps in V 2.6?
  • K4EAR
    K4EAR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    2.6 is out 2.6 light-years...kidding.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Light years is a distance measurement, not time. (1 ly = 9.4605284 × 10^15 meters)
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    I agree. I brought up the point about the colors a month or so ago. I have to really stare right at them and even then I have a hard time seeing the red lines on the dark background. 73 Greg
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    RE: 2.6... I was just pulling a number out of thin air...much like my 6500 pulls great signals out of the ether... But seriously, I think color schemes / skins / customization will be very helpful for those with color-sight issues. If the display is made flexible enough through movable modules, we ought eventually be able to make custom layouts & color schemes that would be helpful and pleasing to any ham in any situation. The control panel could be designed to that different pieces could be arranged "drag & drop" style just as many website development tools allow web design. If you want something on screen permanently, drop it in your slot. If you want a function in a pull-down/pop-up menu, drag it to the tab. If you want it to appear on a different monitor, drag it there and pin it. If you want a small, narrow pan, 5 Khz wide with one SSB slice located in the upper right corner of monitor 3, sitck it there. Want a 2 inch high, 14 inch wide pan displaying 20-29 Mhz with no slices open at the bottom of monitor 2, pin it there. Want to send control of pan 2, slice 4 to your friend in Hawaii via SSL link, do it... Want to put your friend's pan 4, slice 8 on the upper left corner of your monitor 1 so you can hear your signals from Indiana to New Mexico, just have her share the password with you At some point down the pike, I can see this happening in the flex-world. Gerald asked us to "dream big." Big dreams begin with flexibility. I may have gotten a bit off topic, but not too far, I think. It is all just the logical extension of a desire for future flexibility and visualization.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Can you imagine the issue if you are partially color blind!
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I am...that is what prompted my initial request for different colors. Did you ever take the PIP color test where there are a bunch of shades in a circle and you have to pick out the number? The first one was almost white and I was able to get that. The rest.....I told the doc there was nothing he could do to convince me there was a number in that circle. Hence....even though I had great scores in everything...I could not go into radioman or electronics when I went into the Navy and became a Personnelman. :) It was either that or a moulder (foundary work)....NOT! :) Seriously....the red on the dark background is a real killer for me to deal with. Greg
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    I think I will make a seperate idea request so folks can vote on this.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    been there done that as I have the same issue but with red/green especially if they are very dark.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019

I too would like to see more customization of the UI.

But relating to the Bargraph meters I would like a longer peak hold time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.