Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

pay for squelch

Dave Dave
Dave Dave Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Was told over 2 years ago at belton by flex guy squelch would be added soon, so now 2 years later 2.0 is next version and will COST me $200 ...... so question is, does flex REALLY expect me to pay for something as basic as Squelch?

Very unhappy..... and now my radio with no squelch is discontinued.....

No bs please and no BB.

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Their notch filter is a squelch of sorts. It notches a tone until someone speaks then the tone appears with the voice.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    RFStack has an all mode squelch function, and it's free.  Great memory management and scanning features too. 
  • Dave Dave
    Dave Dave Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    no,  a squelch is a squelch ....one could also say gain is squelch, while either may help there not a basic squelch.
  • Dave Dave
    Dave Dave Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017

Yes,  I have it and it is great .... he didn't seem to have any problem adding squelch.

But I don't want to have multiple windows open, a radio, especially one that will receive 2 or more channels should have a squelch, imagine a 6700 with 8 slices and NO squelch.   You will be waiting for your buddy to come on listening to noise.

This and the 1/8 mic jack on the new radio makes me wonder whos running flex.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    correction,,it is now a 1/4 XLR connector.
    Flex read the comments many left that really wanted the XLR connection to stay,,so they listened.
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    A microcosm of why Flex no longer makes public promises on future features.

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    The $200 isn't for squelch, it's for an upgrade to version 2.0.  
  • Alan Cerniglia
    edited June 2017
    Yup... Can't wait to try doing Remote Base... at the end of this month....
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

I know how you feel Dave it’s like we have 6300, 6400, 6400M, 6500, 6600, 6600M, 6700, Maestro, Power Genius and more. It’s been over 5 years since the 6000 series was release and were only at 2.0 and still don't have even a fraction of the basic features that almost every radio made has, like Squelch. Hmm

I sure hope FRS puts SmartSDR development into high gear. You know the “Big S”that FRS always talks about.

I’m have put my deposit money on a new 6600M and want to believe that FRS is going to make things right soon and start adding some of the basic features that so many user have asked for.

I just hope I not wrong.
  • Mike W9OJ
    Mike W9OJ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Ha- That's a pretty good description of the ANF - pretty worthless.
  • Mike W9OJ
    Mike W9OJ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    1/4 inch TRS is not an XLR connector.
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I have waited 3 years with my 6500 and will wait a little longer until Ver. 2 is released to see what features they have included.  I will then think about an upgrade to my 6500 or another path for the features I need. I want the next radio solution to work as I need it to out-of-the-box.

So here's hoping and I might as well have a pint while I wait.
    Cheers

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I agree Dave.  It is odd AA3RK was able to add so much great functionality with FRStack, yet we've been waiting this long for all mode squelch in SSDR.  Let's hope they added in in v2.0. 
  • WV9L
    WV9L Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Will see if that comes and goes. I wouldnt hold your breath. Was told it would be released by end of March when i bought my 6500. Guess i should have asked what year.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Mike, the 1/4 plug is wired as an balanced input, but not a XLR plug.

Based on constructive user feedback received regarding a desire to have a balanced audio input, we are officially announcing that both the FLEX-6600 and the FLEX-6600M Signature Series SDRs will have a 1/4" TRS balanced audio input that can be used with either a microphone or outboard audio processing equipment.  The balanced audio input will be in addition to the 1/8" pseudo-balanced input available on all FLEX-6400 and FLEX-6600 models.

This balanced input is electrically the same the balanced audio input currently available on the FLEX-6500 and FLEX-6700 SDRs. The only difference is that the FLEX-6000 and FLEX-6600M will utilize a 1/4" TRS connector rather than the XLR combo connector.
  • Kevin N9JKP
    Kevin N9JKP Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    so still no squelch?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I see you posted in another post about this tonight. Maybe we will see it in V2....
  • N8EMA_Jeff
    N8EMA_Jeff Member ✭✭

Here we are in Q3 of 2021 still no squelch Option in version 3.2.39

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@N8EMA_Jeff

That is correct, however the workaround used by those that monitor HF frequencies built into FRStack that has an S-Meter Squelch that works really well.

Please give that a try as an option.

FRstack is one of many add on programs that really enhance some of the operational aspects of the Flex 6000. It is free.

• N8EMA_Jeff
    N8EMA_Jeff Member ✭✭

Thanks Mike yes I already use that on the windows OS, it would be great if SMARTSDR had that option built in..FrStack does not work on the iPad when you’re sitting out on the patio or mobile… I have contacted Marcus, he may have a squelch solution for the iPad iOS apps in the works….

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

The wiring for a Squelch ( code ) is there. It just needs to be extended to other modes like SSB & AM.

But, I suspect it will get about as much attention as the Automatic Notch Filter has.

James

WD5GWY

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

I just noticed I commented on this back in 2017: "Let's hope they added it in v2.0."

Now hoping for SSDR v4.0

KF4HR

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

We shouldn't have to pay for a V4 to get properly working BASIC features. I know I won't fall in that trap.

James

WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.