Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Password reset

Bob - WD8KND
Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
The Smartlink won't accept my password, and when I request a reset, I never get the email. I've checked my junk mail, and it's not there either. I reported this last Friday, and they weren't able to get to me till Monday. I get an email Monday asking if I checked my junk mail. I told them that when I reported it. I told them I did, and no response until Tuesday. Tuesday I get an email asking what email I'm using, so they can reset it. REALLY?? The email on record that is in the trouble ticket. I told them which email, and no response back. Tomorrow is the 4th, so they'll be closed. Does it really take this long to reset a password? Is there anything else I can do? Very frustrated and disappointed in their customer service. Unable to use my radio for 6 days because of a password is not a good selling point.

Comments

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Bob

Something about the password reset process is broken.
    Based on this thread ...

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/smartlink-password-reset-link-not-working 

A Help Desk trouble ticket might be the fastest thing to try.
    While we wait for the permanent fix.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
              Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2018
    If you are not getting a PW reset is it's most likely because there isn't an account with the email you have used.  Remember, logging in with an email address (Auth0) Google or Facebook is not three ways to log into a single account, each login type is a separate and different account.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Tim

Thanks! image
    OK, so I need to register 3 accounts to get all 3 login types working, that makes sense. I'll go fix that.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
              Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Bob,  make sure you review Tim's comments a few hours ago.  Also, if you are really in a bind, you can always create a new account with a new email address (if you have more than one) and then do the entire re-registration on the new address.  It should take you too long and you'll be back online.

• Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Bob, To add to Tim and Mike’s commits, if you are using a Smartlink user name and password, and you did Not authenticate your email address via the authentication email sent to you, then when you requested the reset, the authentication server did not have a verified address to send the reset to. This causes the account to be dropped, just recreate the account. You should be ok.. Remember to respond to the verification request email in your inbox. 73, Dudley WA5QPZ
  • Bob - WD8KND
    Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    When I put in my email as a user name, my picture pops up. I think that tells me it knows me. I registered when I first got 2.0. I'll try some of your advise tomorrow. Thanks.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2018
    The radio can only be registered to one account.  An Account can have multiple radios registered to it.
  • N8SDR
    N8SDR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Not positive about this , but that picture could just be a cached file being pulled and displayed, doesn't mean the system know you, again this is just a guess. I'd try and just re-create the account as Dudley and others mentioned.
  • Bob - WD8KND
    Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I have resolved the problem. Thanks for the help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.