Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Part 3: Windows SoftEther Bridge Setup for Maestro Remote Access to your Flex 6000

K6OZY
K6OZY Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Pre-Requisite:  Part 1: Raspberry Pi SoftEther Server Setup for Remote Access to your Flex 6000 Radio

Optional suggested watching even if you don't implement it:  Part 2: Raspberry Pi SoftEther Bridge Setup for Maestro Remote Access to your Flex 6000 Radio

This video shows you how to use your existing laptop to be the SoftEther bridge for your Maestro.  The advantage of this is that you can join more complex wifi networks that may have authentication or agreement pages you must accept before accessing the internet.   Another bonus is you can VPN in again with the laptop and run SmartSDR CAT and run your logger at the same time.   I will be recording another video for OS X soon if I can find something similar to Camtasia for OS X.  I do not own any video capture software for OS X.

Comments

• Lou
    Lou Member
    edited November 2016
    Great job Chris!
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Very nice job Chris.  Looking forward to the OS X version of this video.
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Excellent Chris and at the right time,  I have a Windows 10 HP-Envy which I have been using for quite a long time to remote my Flex radios and control the switches and rotors ..etc., using Softether VPN client connected to my station Windows 7 PC Softether VPN server.

For the past 3 days, I have been trying very hard to figure out how to connect the Maestro to the notebook by bridging the Softether VPN client  with the notebook built-in Ethernet card, it did not work.

Just finished setting up the Softether bridge connection before even finishing the video and it worked instantly.

Now I can pack my Maestro for my long 4 months long stay in  the UK , I hope that I  get a good internet connection there.

Thanks Chris for a well done job.
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad it helped.
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Chris, thanks for another great video.  I built the two Pi's and was using it at Dayton with my Maestro.  I just tried this with a laptop at work and it took about 3 minutes to set up and connect to my Pi in the shack!  Thanks again!  73 Jeff N3VE
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I have set up the SoftEther VPN bridge/server on a Windows 10 PC on my home network.  I have also installed the SoftEther bridge client on another Windows 10 Laptop.  Connecting my Maestro, I am able to get the audio streams, metering and Maestro control to function, however I am not getting any Panadapter or waterfall to display.  I'm using my iPhone as my hotspot (WiFi).   The bridge goes from the WiFi adapter to the on-board 1000 GB Ethernet port.

II get the same type of results when connecting my IPad to the VPN and run either Stu's IPad app or Marks Beta App.  I also get the same result when connecting my laptop directly to the VPN and run SmartSDR.

I have the following ports opened on my router:
    • 1194 TCP & UDP
    • 443 TCP
    • 992 TCP
    • 5555 TCP
    • 500 UDP
    • 4500 UDP
    Any idea's?
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I'm going to create a new thread.  This one is not getting the attention.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.