Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Parallels & SmartSDR

DonS
DonS Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am running an iMAC with parallels and win 7 pro installed. For whatever reason the smartsdr does not see the radio in Radio Setup. enet is functioning through a gigi switch and I have activity both on the switch and radio as well as the computer.

Comments

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    This is likely because by default, Parallels is setup to use an isolated "Shared" network between your VM and Mac. Change the network card setting on the VM to "Bridged". This should let you see your radio.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    that was the solution...thanks don - kx9q
  • tompanderson
    tompanderson Member
    edited December 2016
    I needed to set parallels to bridged ethernet 1 to find my 6700. When I do this I have no internet connection. Help??? Thanks, Tom
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Tom Right click on the Parallels icon on the main screen and go to configure and you should see a Hardware screen. Select Network 1 and then I selected Ethernet for the type and make sure you have connected selected on this screen. If you cant make changes check to make sure the lock on the lower left is unlocked. Don - kx9q
  • tompanderson
    tompanderson Member
    edited December 2016
    Hi Don, I looked and that's how I'm setup in the configuration (network, ethernet 1, and connected. Still no internet connection. Tom
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Is it no network to the 6x00 or is it no network at all. Did you try opening a browser to see if it gets out? I am not sure what OS you are using but open Control panel in the VM and go to network and sharing and see what it shows.
  • tompanderson
    tompanderson Member
    edited December 2016
    the 6700 connects in bridge mode. The vm gets no internet connection with bridged mode. Share mode is just the opposite. OS X 10.8. Tom
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I am running 10.8.4 and Parallels 8. If the 6700 is connecting in bridge mode then everything else in the vm should connect, at least it does in my setup. WHat did you see in "Network and Sharing"?
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    How are you connecting to the 6700 - through a switch or direct from the mac/pc?
  • tompanderson
    tompanderson Member
    edited March 2017
    Direct to Mac.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    That would explain why you don't have internet/intranet connectivity if I understand how you are set up. You need to connect a cable from a switch to the 6700 and another cable from the switch to your mac/pc. Also connected to the switch is the cable that runs from your internet connection. This will put your mac and 6700 on the same intranet which is then connected to the internet.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    When you direct connect there is no way to connect to the internet if you are directly connected to the 6700 unless you have multiple enet cards in the mac which I doubt and if you did you would have to be able to route traffic across the multiple enet cards in order to get it to work.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Connect both to the Internet router via a Ethernet switch and remove the direct connect link between the Mac and the 6000.
  • tompanderson
    tompanderson Member
    edited December 2016
    Thanks! Might take me awhile but it sounds like the solution. Tom
  • tompanderson
    tompanderson Member
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Tim!
  • tompanderson
    tompanderson Member
    edited December 2016
    Thanks to Don and Tim, it works! I ended up connecting the 6700 to the cable modem via a switch about 50' from my 'shack'. I used wifi to connect the computer. I used Bridged-WiFi in the VM config and everything works. Tom

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.