Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Panafall Display Anaomly

Options
K3WR - Jim
K3WR - Jim Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Interesting anomaly with my Flex 6400 panafall display.

On the first screen shot of 20 meter band, notice the number of signals and their amplitude.

I then open another slice, in this case the 40 meter band, and immediately the amount of signals on the 20 meter band increases, as shown on the waterfall display.

Close the 40 meter slice and the 20 meter slice reflects an increased number of signals.

Few signals on the 20 meter band.

Open a new slice on 40 meters - Notice the increase in the amount of signals on the 20 meter slice.

After closing the 40 meter slice, the 20 meter signals have increased.

No changes to the antenna or anything else, except for opening and closing the 40 meter slice.

This is repeatable and consistent, so I am wondering if this is normal with the other Flex 6000 series rigs?

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

Jim - K3WR

Answers

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Options

Rf-Gain Pre-amps. Upper left arrow panel. This got me years ago.

Your 40 and 20 meters are were different.

With

multi panadaptors one pre-amp setting overrides all open panadaptors.

• K3WR - Jim
    K3WR - Jim Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Well, that was easy enough. Thanks for the info and the solution to this quizzler Jim - K3WR
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Why are you running the preamp at +32db for 20m .... I would never do that ... your asking for problems with your rig running that way.
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I saw a similar problem yesterday then after testing various scenarios I found it to be antenna selections. I had to step thru each band and make sure they were correct. Not sure how they got mixed up, but now ok.
  • K3WR - Jim
    K3WR - Jim Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi Wayne, As a new user to Flex radios I am unfamiliar with some of the controls and must have selected +32db for 40 meters when playing around with the controls. When I selected 40 meters as the second slice, the +32db was automatically invoked on 20 meters. 

Apparently, by adjusting the preamp settings for one panadapter, all other panadapters associated with that SCU are also changed.  In the case of my FLEX-6400 with a single SCU, the preamplifier settings affect all panadapters and receivers."

Good to know, so I have gone back and ensured the preamp is off on all bands. Much better now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.