Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Panadapter doesn't paint unless full screen 0.13.10 and 6700

AG7T - Scott
AG7T - Scott Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in
If the smart sdr window is not full screen the panadapter trace doesn't update. Is this expected? I am running under Windows 8 64-bit. This is with a single slice, I haven't tried multiple slices to see any differences. Scott

Comments

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I operate all the ltime less than full screen and don't have any problem.. Is this possible a graphics hardware problem on your PC ? AL, K0VM
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I never operate with a full screen and always see the panadapter. I can see 4 slices and 4 panadapters with no problems. Maybe a Win 8 setting somewhere.
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    What video card are you using and is it up to date.
  • AG7T - Scott
    AG7T - Scott Member ✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Intel HD Graphics 4600 Driver version 9.18.10.3071 It is built into the latest Intel i7 Haswell and Z87 chipset
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The latest Intel HD4600 driver is 9.18.10.3165 (5/10/2013). Try loading that.
  • AG7T - Scott
    AG7T - Scott Member ✭✭
    edited September 2013
    I updated the driver and it is much better. Usually I keep all the drivers up to date. This particular driver version was not given as part of Windows Update for whatever reason. Thanks, Scott
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!!! I NEVER allow Windows Update to EVER update hardware drivers. Always get your hardware driver updates direct from the manufacturer. They are usually better performers, more up to date and generally work better.
  • AG7T - Scott
    AG7T - Scott Member ✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Let's just say that we agree to disagree on driver updates. I personally have had a lot more problems with drivers I download the way you say. At least there is a quality bar that has to be passed for the drivers downloaded from Windows Update. Thanks, Scott
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Hi Scott, my feelings are generaly with Tim on this, especially if the manufacturer is moderately active in supporting their drivers. I would rather get a fresh new fix from the manufacturer instead of a 6month old qualified driver from Windows Update. I wish you could configure windows update to not replace a newer driver with its downloaded one, but they put so much stock into their signed and tested driver that they will never do that I don't think. Then you get into situations like the current Realtek GBe driver which is a DPC monster and you have to stick with the 2011 version for good performance. Even Realtek is pushing 2012 versioned drivers which do not work. I have no idea where Microsoft is in this problem but I know to stay away.