Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Panadapter/Spectrum Display lockup

James Whiteway
edited August 2019 in SmartSDR API
Starting to get my app back to working with V3.0.27. But, I've run into an odd situation. I am running a 6600M. With the front panel working, if I connect my app, my program works fine(more or less). BUT, it causes the M model display Spectrum/Panadapter to freeze. Audio, controls etc. all work fine, Including the Waterfall !
Just the spectrum freezes up. This same code worked fine in versions prior to V2.x of the API and SSDR. Of course, at that time, only one app could be a GUI app. When I tried it with v2.49 same thing happened.
  I'm thinking because I have not specified which Panadapter I am subscribing to, that the API is getting confused. This happens no matter which band or bands, I'm on. I can have the radio on 40 meters and my app will automatically grab 20 meters. But, the display on the radio stays on 40 meters while the display on my app goes to 20 meters correctly.  My Waterfall code has always not worked correctly. (when it did, it was slow) So, I haven't even tried to get that far yet.
Any suggestions on how, using C# I should go about requesting a Panadapter that is not in use?
James
WD5GWY
Not a real developer................................

A couple of photos to show what's happening:
imageimage

Answers

• James Whiteway
    edited August 2019
    Hmmmm.....no responses Multi Client must be harder to do than I thought. Haven't given up.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I don't have an M.   I think you might be right that you are subscribing to the same pan and that is messing things up.

I think you need to request a new pan and use that one in your app.
  • James Whiteway
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for the reply Mark. I haven't subscribed to a particular panadapter till now. Not really sure of the correct syntax to use. In the second photo just above the top left of the panadapter display, there is one long number. That is the streamID. The second number(2) is the number of panadapters in use. Do you think I need to use the streamID to select the panadapter? I'm thinking that is the number I need to use. I haven't tried to ID both panadapter streams. Just one. And I'm not sure which stream belongs to which panadapter. I wish FRS had given a few more clues on how properly go about this on their wiki. James WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.