Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Panadapter running 2 meters often goes dead

Norm - W7CK
Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
edited March 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm not exactly sure what the process is that leads up to this problems but the panadapter running 2 meter slices often goes dead.  No signals and very low noise floor.  To wake it up, I grab the panadpater with the left mouse button and move it back and forth horizontally.  The panadapter then wakes up and everything appears back to normal.

Is this a known bug or just something I'm experiencing alone.

Comments

• N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I see something like that as well but a bit different, the band does not go dead.  The band at times on the second pan will sound like its off freq or a second tone in with the signal.  All I need to do is change the mode to USB and back to LSB and the problem is gone.  Not sure this is related or if can be repeated but, I thought I would toss this out there. 
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Do you feel it is related to being on 2m or just you've seen it there as that is where you tend to hang out? I've seen that and I don't even go on 2m. That's why I ask if you feel confident it is unique to 2m.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Nope, I don't have 2m setup yet so, it has nothing to do with it.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks but I meant Norm.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I can have 4 panadapters open and the 2 meter one is the only one that seems to go dead.  I just grab it with the mouse, move it back and forth a bit and it starts working again.   STRANGE.....
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I create multiple HF panadapters and then a single 2 meter panadapter and add a slice or 2 to each one.   I then save this profile.  At the end of the day, I shut down the rig.  The next time I turn the rig back on and start SmartSDR, it OFTEN starts with the 2 meter panadapter dead.  I grab the panadapter with the mouse, move it a bit and it starts working.

I'm trying my best to find the combination of events that reproduce the problem more consistently, but haven't quite got it yet.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

This can very often be reproduced when I create a Profile that includes a 2m panadapter and a couple HF panadapters.   I then load a HF only profile then go back and load the one that includes 2 meters.  The 2m panadapter is often dead and I have to grab it with the mouse move it back and forth to wake it up.

If I have a profile with 2m along with HF panadapters that I am using, then shutdown the Flex, reopen the software.  It often starts with 2m dead.

IS ANYONE ELSE WITH A 6700 EXPERIENCING THIS?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    You have said the magic words; mixing 2m and HF panadapters.  There is a know issue with switching Nyquist zones in the radio and how the antenna is assigned and it's interaction with band level persistence.  This is referenced in the release notes.  The workaround is to manually set up 2m first on the XVTR port and then create HF panadapters which are in a different Nyquist zone.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    TIM - I've done that and I'm able to create HF panadapters which are in different Nyquist zones.  That part works fine and I've saved a couple profiles set up like this.  What I'm experiencing is when I recall one of these profiles it occasionally loads with the 2m panadapter dead.   The HF one is fine. I grab the 2m panadapter and move it back and forth and it always wakes up.  The problem is intermittent but just wandering if anyone else has experienced this.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Please export your profiles and send them to me in e-mail.  Tell me which profile is causing the issue so I can try and reproduce it here in the lab.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.