Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Panadapter Locked in Frequency

The panadapter in SmartSDR has suddenly locked in frequency. Dragging with the mouse or changing direct entry of a frequency doesn't change it. This is the case on all bands.

I operated the RTTY contest last evening, and almost everything worked perfectly. (There was a glitch in getting the rig to key, but that seems to be gone now.) I QSY'ed using the normal methods with no trouble. I started out using the Maestro, but then switched to rig control via the computer. When I turned the rig back on this afternoon, the panadapter had become locked.  I closed everything and restarted SmartSDR to no avail.

I searched the documentation for "lock," thinking there might be a way to lock the frequency that I inadvertently activated, but came up empty.

What should I do now?

Frank

Comments

• Frank Kirschner
    edited September 2018
    Never mind. The second cold reboot of everything seems to have fixed it.

When in doubt, reboot.
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    There is a lock on the Maestro and there is a lock on the slice flag
  • Frank Kirschner
    edited September 2018
    The Maestro was in the closet with no Internet connection or power. The lock on the slice flag only locks the slice, not the panadapter. The panadapter wouldn't move. A couple of reboots fixed it, though.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.