Panadapter Locked in Frequency

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
The panadapter in SmartSDR has suddenly locked in frequency. Dragging with the mouse or changing direct entry of a frequency doesn't change it. This is the case on all bands.

I operated the RTTY contest last evening, and almost everything worked perfectly. (There was a glitch in getting the rig to key, but that seems to be gone now.) I QSY'ed using the normal methods with no trouble. I started out using the Maestro, but then switched to rig control via the computer. When I turned the rig back on this afternoon, the panadapter had become locked.  I closed everything and restarted SmartSDR to no avail.

I searched the documentation for "lock," thinking there might be a way to lock the frequency that I inadvertently activated, but came up empty.

What should I do now?

Frank
Photo of Frank Kirschner

Frank Kirschner

  • 32 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

  • 1
Photo of Frank Kirschner

Frank Kirschner

  • 32 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Never mind. The second cold reboot of everything seems to have fixed it.

When in doubt, reboot.
Photo of Steven Linley

Steven Linley

  • 247 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
There is a lock on the Maestro and there is a lock on the slice flag
Photo of Frank Kirschner

Frank Kirschner

  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
The Maestro was in the closet with no Internet connection or power. The lock on the slice flag only locks the slice, not the panadapter. The panadapter wouldn't move. A couple of reboots fixed it, though.