Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Pan Adapter bug related to Xvtr and WNB

SteveM
SteveM Member
edited August 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm running SmartSDR v2.4.9 and just recently got a DEMI 2m transverter (28MHz IF) connected and working with my 6500. I have noticed that if I:

1. Set the zoom out so that the entire band is visible in the pan.
2. Enable, then disable the WBN dsp function.
3. What looks like a massive IMD signal appears at the top edge of the band.

The IMD signal is not real and seems only to be an artifact within the pan. It will disappear if I do anything that "disturbs" the pan-adapter, such as, zoom in/out on the horizontal axis, maximize the SSDR window, "Restore down" the window, or re-enable WNB. Shown below is an illustration of what I see.

This is the pan zoomed out to show the entire 2m band with WNB enabled:

This is the pan after disabling WNB:

BTW, I'm using an OCI 2m band-pass filter to **** the local 100kW FM transmitter that is less than 1000' from my QTH. That filter is awesome and is the reason the 2m band-noise is so prominent in the pan adapter.

Comments

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I'm thinking that Flex may just send you a new TURF file. You might want to create a help ticket for this.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.