Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Palstar LA-1K and ACOM 1200S

Options
Neil   N4FN
Neil N4FN Member
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am wondering if there are any Flex users using either of the two solid state amps I am considering and what they like/dislike about them. I would couple the amp with my 6400 and also the Yaesu FTdx5000.
I appreciate any feedback
Neil   N4FN

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I use the La-1k and love it. It will work on 120 or 240 with no tap change on power supply. Don’t need any usb cable for band switching as it senses RF. Mine will do just about 1200 out.
  • Neil   N4FN
    Neil N4FN Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Thanks Steve,
    How much safe drive power for the 1200 output?
    Neil
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Been pondering about the LA-1K and the SPE 1.5K-FA(or 1.3K) for a while now. I think I have settled on the Palstar because with it I plan on getting the HF Auto(ant tuner). But you might want to look into the SPE as it has 2 inputs and 4 outputs plus an antenna tuner built in. It would make switching between your two rigs real easy. The true expert on the SPE is Mark WS7M. He has done some truly amazing stuff with his equipment.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I have a profile set up with a max power of 60 watts. There it will do close to 1200. I will usually run the rig around 40 for 800 out.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I run mine with a hf auto. Just a 1 second tap of "tune" button on the flex and the tuner goes where it needs to and the amp is on the right band.
  • Neil   N4FN
    Neil N4FN Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    AI4FR
    Thanks I did look at the SPE 1.3 which is available with or without a tuner. I also have the Palstar HF Auto which is a great piece of gear.
  • sky
    sky Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    After much deliberation, I ordered the new improved (over the old 1.3K)  SPE  Expert 1.5K-FA amp. There is a two month lead time.
    Update: Expert states delivery from Italy is delayed an additional two months.
    Update:  Expert states delivery is delayed to late October.

Update:  Cancelled the 1.5K-FA order and purchased a 2K-FA.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.