Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

palstar hf auto tuner

has anyone found a way for the palstar hf auto tuner to follow the flex 6600?  using the usb ports on the flex

Answers

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Never tried it that way with my 6700. But I do use the W1TR HF auto software along with ddutil which works like a charm to have the tuner follow the radio.
  • David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Yes,  There is a PC program, "HFAUTO" by W1TG.

WebSearch it.   Cheers 73 de N5PSM
  • Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    There is a program called HF-Auto by W1TR that can control the HF-Auto tuner on a computer.  W1TR has a second program called W1TR Rig Control which can be used to obtain the operating frequency of a Flex radio and then passes it on to the HF-Auto program via a UDP port.   I've been using these two programs for about three years and they work flawlessly.  You have to tell the RIg Control program you are using a Kenwood TS-2000.  This works because the Flex radios also understand the Kenwood protocols in addition to the Flex specific ones.     
    As far as I know, you can't go directly from the USB cables to the tuner. Because Palstar uses a proprietary API, which was designed to be used to communicate with their own HF-Auto Remote product. The method above only works because they allowed W1TR to have access to their API. 
  • Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Yup, HF-Auto app works great and does follow (both the Tune and Antenna Port).
  • Bill Reeves
    Bill Reeves Member
    edited November 2019
    Please explain your settings. Sure it is not at auto
  • Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    It is the HF-Auto Tuner.  The settings can be found in the documentation at his site which you can find by Googling W1TR Software.
  • Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    It's in the HF-Auto app that we were discussing. 

http://www.glagowski.org/radio/Software.htm
  • Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Oh, in place of Rig Control, I am using Commander which also supplies the UDP connection to the HF-Auto app.
  • Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Here is a screen shot of the app with some of my settings. There are a few more settings in the ini file to tweaked based on your station's antenna setup, but these settings are pretty easy to do. This has been discussed pretty extensively in  https://groups.io/g/hf-auto/topics

• Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Same as above but more info... HF AUTO App needs to know radio CAT data so... Configured HF AUTO to listen to N1MM UDP output on 12061....

Related is that the HF AUTO needs to know what to tune so take the time to tune the tuner across frequencies within the band. An easy way to do this is to set the radio step to 1K then hit the tune button and move slowly up the band waiting for the tuner to stabilize on each frequency.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.