Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

paddles with LAN remote

John Molenda
John Molenda Member
edited April 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
LAN remote operating CW with Paddles Can we do this yet ? and if so How .   thanks John kb2huk

Answers

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi John, If you are referring to using paddles with a laptop or a tablet, the answer is not yet. I posted the same question about 2 years ago. Per Steve it is planned or at least was then. I haven't heard that the plan has changed but that was before Maestro. Here is the link: https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/remote_is_cw_via_a_paddle_in_scope_for_the_remote_enhancement_coming_in_v1_4_and_v2_0 Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Lan remote with paddles is supported with Maestro.  Otherwise the only real way to do it is using something like a remote rig or a remote ham device.. and if your going to invest there IMO your best bet would be to save a few more bucks for a maestro.
  • John Molenda
    John Molenda Member
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the input guys !  wish I could just hook up my keyer to the laptop and go .  I guess I will have to wait.  thanks john kb2huk
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Agree,
    For a CW OP that would let you run SSDR, CW Skimmer, a logging program and a spotting program all on one device.  More programs and less to carry around.   And if you want a knob you could plug in a FlexControl.  

Unless FRS changes their mind, it's coming one day.  Maybe a few years sway though.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 - HW.................... V 1.6.21.77
    SSDR / DAX / CAT...... V 1.6.21.159
    Win10  

• W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    This will work at moderate speed 

http://iw7dmh.jimdo.com/remoting-ideas-1/remote-morse-key/

Another of Enzo's creations with more features which will do CW remote

http://iw7dmh.jimdo.com/arduino-flex-switch-box/control-software/

You can also use 2 K1EL USB winkeyers.  There is K1EL remote program that links the two.

73 W9OY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.